Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I need help with an Indicator- Relative Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help with an Indicator- Relative Volume

I tried. I have spent too many days attempting to understand how to even approach writing this indicator. I apologize my programming experience is five days old.

I just want to see if anyone can help with this indicator I would like for the ES.

Relative Volume. I would like a display at the top of my chart that displays "Relative Volume = " [RV]

where RV = the average of the highest 5 out of 6 days cumulative volume readings at each time of the day. I hope I stated that right. Here is an example;

At the start of the 10:01 pm bar I want the indicator to average the highest five out of six previous days cumulative volume for the 10:01pm bar and display it as Relative Volume.

Then at the start of the 10:02 pm bar I want the the indicator to average the highest five out of six previous days cumulative volume for the 10:02pm bar and display it as Relative Volume.

The indicator would run for the entirety of the RTH session.

Does anyone have any idea as to how to start this formula in NinjaScript so I can input this into my custom indicator? Thank you.
    Last edited by loujen213; 01-01-2012, 10:50 PM.

Unfortunately, what you ask is not at all simple, mainly because of the need to use identical time slices from different days.

I do remember that someone has something similar on BMT. There is a whole thread on it. You might want to scoot over and take a gander over there.

I could write that myself, but I would not do it for free, and as I am not yet a NT partner, it would be unethical of me to use their forum to solicit business, which is why I direct you to another source. And no, I am not the one who wrote on the subject at BMT. In fact, I use the same moniker on BMT that I use here.

Comment

Kapow! The indicator gods say: see attached
      Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
      Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM