Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ZigZag Volume or Wave Volume for Ninjatrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZigZag Volume or Wave Volume for Ninjatrader

I’m just wondering if anyone has an indicator that plots the zigzag accumulated volume of each wave created. I have the basic zigzag however I would also like to incorporate volume into the equation.
    What I’m looking for is the accumulated volume of each wave of the zigzag.
    Hence if the first zig wave is up and it’s 24 bars in duration across 80 ticks and the zag wave down is 15 bars in duration across 40 ticks I’d like to be able to see the accumulated comparison in the volume of the two wave based on the two zig zag wave deviations as it accumulates.

I used this with Tradestation and found it very beneficial for identifying good and bad break-outs, trend and counter trend opportunities by comparing the accumulated volume of each wave (or zig zag).
    However since switching to Ninjatrader I have not been able to find an indicator that does similar.
    Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Hi Bob and welcome to our forums, I would unfortunately not be aware of a specific tool in this regard be already developed for NT - have you checked already into our rich sharing section here on the forums?

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, checked and could not find one that did similar, hence still on the prowl.

Comment

Ninja Program writer

Anyone know a cheap program/script writer for Ninja? or maybe a good place to learn how to write scripts is the better option?

Comment

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies
          Attached Files
          Last edited by dj22522; 01-20-2012, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FXBob View Post
            I’m just wondering if anyone has an indicator that plots the zigzag accumulated volume of each wave created. I have the basic zigzag however I would also like to incorporate volume into the equation.
            What I’m looking for is the accumulated volume of each wave of the zigzag.
            Hence if the first zig wave is up and it’s 24 bars in duration across 80 ticks and the zag wave down is 15 bars in duration across 40 ticks I’d like to be able to see the accumulated comparison in the volume of the two wave based on the two zig zag wave deviations as it accumulates.

I used this with Tradestation and found it very beneficial for identifying good and bad break-outs, trend and counter trend opportunities by comparing the accumulated volume of each wave (or zig zag).
            However since switching to Ninjatrader I have not been able to find an indicator that does similar.
            Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
            Go Idea!
            Any one can help!

Comment

I've also used the zigzag indicator on TradeStation with wave volume - very good. Does anyone know if this could be done on NT8 without major effort? any advise and I'll have go.
              Last edited by delTik; 06-27-2016, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Hello deltik,

The following thread has some resources in it covering the type of conversion you are referring to. Please let us know if there is any other way we can help.

Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                0 responses