Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Simple indicator - Percent Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple indicator - Percent Change

Hi

I've tried to search for this but can't find it anywhere. It's a very simple calculation but I've no coding skills so am lost. I'm surprised it's not a standard calc for most platforms.

I simply want a rolling indicator that plots the day's percentage change (a) and the absolute percent movement (b). E.g. -2.5% for a and 2.5% for b. Separately or on the same chart it doesn't really matter, as long as I can then use the strategy analyser.

Close (or current level) minus previous close divided by the previous close.

Is there anywhere this could be found or could some kind soul knock this up quickly (even just a).

Many thanks

Hello,

There are a few NetChange indicators which should accomplish this, or at least give you an idea of how this could be accomplished:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

thanks

Thanks, they're close, but not quite there.

The net change doesn't show the percentage, while the display netchange just shows today's which doesn't allow for back testing. Appreciate any other ideas

Comment

Hi strewthmate,
        here is an other example of what you need..
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by strewthmate View Post
          Hi

I've tried to search for this but can't find it anywhere. It's a very simple calculation but I've no coding skills so am lost. I'm surprised it's not a standard calc for most platforms.

I simply want a rolling indicator that plots the day's percentage change (a) and the absolute percent movement (b). E.g. -2.5% for a and 2.5% for b. Separately or on the same chart it doesn't really matter, as long as I can then use the strategy analyser.

Close (or current level) minus previous close divided by the previous close.

Is there anywhere this could be found or could some kind soul knock this up quickly (even just a).

Many thanks
          What you describe is what the shipping ROC indicator does.
          Attached Files

Comment

Excellent thanks. The ROC works. I completely missed that one as I assumed it just gave you the numerical ROC not the %. Many thanks.

Comment

Price Change

I am looking for an indicator similar to the ROC indicator.

The ROC (Rate-of-change) indicator displays the percent change between the current price and the price x-time ago.

I am looking for:

An indicator that displays the price change between the current price and the price x-time ago. Where similar to ROC, I can input a "Period" parameter and view all the price changes along the time line with that period difference. e.g., If I input a "period" of 1 on a daily chart, I would see the change in price for each day in the Data Box.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by StarBright2009 View Post
                I am looking for an indicator similar to the ROC indicator.

The ROC (Rate-of-change) indicator displays the percent change between the current price and the price x-time ago.

I am looking for:

An indicator that displays the price change between the current price and the price x-time ago. Where similar to ROC, I can input a "Period" parameter and view all the price changes along the time line with that period difference. e.g., If I input a "period" of 1 on a daily chart, I would see the change in price for each day in the Data Box.

Thanks.
                That is called the Momentum indicator.

Comment

Excellent! That is exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post rocketman7  
                  Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                  2 responses