Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problem with secure export of indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with secure export of indicator

I don't understand why I get this message up when I try to export just one indicator in "secure mode". I haven't installed the software for extra layer of security, I simply want to hide the code. Any comments are welcome.

Please see attached picture.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

When you export a protected DLL you have to do it from a clean install of NinjaTrader. Which means no unrelated secured DLL's installed.

Otherwise since NinjaTrader cannot tell what references the file you are exporting needs it assumes that all are there if it is needed.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

When you export a protected DLL you have to do it from a clean install of NinjaTrader. Which means no unrelated secured DLL's installed.

Otherwise since NinjaTrader cannot tell what references the file you are exporting needs it assumes that all are there if it is needed.

-Brett
      Thank you for the responds. I just tried it on a fresh installed computer and it says exactly the same. I don't understand why this happen nor how this simply task can be so hard.

Comment

Would not expect that. If the fresh PC does not have any indicators installed correct?

-Brett

Comment

Would not expect that. If the fresh PC does not have any indicators installed correct?

-Brett
          I have of course installed the indicator I'm going to export. This is correct? Apart from that I have 1 simple indicator that has nothing to do with the indicator installed. Are you saying it could matter?

Comment

Hello,

If you go to the control center->my documents->ninjatrader 7->bin->custom folder. Are there any DLL's there that are not NinjaTrader DLLs?

If you go to compile an indicator in the code window, right click on it and select references. Are there references added here?

-Brett

Comment

Hello,

If you go to the control center->my documents->ninjatrader 7->bin->custom folder. Are there any DLL's there that are not NinjaTrader DLLs?

If you go to compile an indicator in the code window, right click on it and select references. Are there references added here?

-Brett
              Yes, I can see some of my indicators there. Shall I remove them?

Comment

Yes, if they don't pertain to the indicator you are trying to export.

Essentially you can have no DLL's installed from your export machine otherwise you will get that warning.

-Brett

Comment

Yes, if they don't pertain to the indicator you are trying to export.

Essentially you can have no DLL's installed from your export machine otherwise you will get that warning.

-Brett
                  I removed the files and now I got another error, see attached file.

Sigh..
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Looks like when you removed you now have a compile error.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.

Open NinjaTrader
                    From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
                    Select an indicator and double click on it.
                    A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
                    At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
                    From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

Let me know what errors are listed here or take a screenshot. To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

I got the following msg now (attached).

How is this possible, since none of the indicators are connected or even similar ?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by aediaz1 View Post
                        I removed the files and now I got another error, see attached file.

Sigh..
                        Were the files that you removed, dll's?
                        How did you remove them? Just by deleting them from the file system tree?

Comment

Looks like you are deleting them menaully which then doesnt complete the second step needed to fully remove.

Most likely you imported a backup file from your main PC on this computer at some point in time also as the config file contains all your references.

Please go to the code editor for any indicator->right click->references.

Remove out the references listed in the errors.

Also, to have a clean install, there should be no references here other then System references and Wilson.OR.Mapper and NinjaTrader references.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                            Were the files that you removed, dll's?
                            How did you remove them? Just by deleting them from the file system tree?
                            Yes, I just removed them.

Comment

Originally posted by aediaz1 View Post
                              Yes, I just removed them.
                              Not quite the correct way to do it. But you can manually complete the removal, per the instructions from Brett above.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bmartz
                              by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes