Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can Ninjatrader 7 replicate linear regression channel lines standard in Esignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Ninjatrader 7 replicate linear regression channel lines standard in Esignal

I am trying to figure out if there is an indicator add-on for ninjatrader 7 to replicate the regression channel lines that esignal has built in. I know you can integrate esignal into ninjatrader but I don't have esignal. I have been able to replicate these lines in quotetracker so I know it must be possible since ninjatrader obviously does a lot more than the antiquated software quotetracker. If anyone knows please let me know. Basically it's a linear regression median line, and then a lower and upper lines drawn x standard deviations from the median line. These lines are projecting into the future and don't stop at the current price like in Metastock. The lines are drawn using all of the price data, not just for instance 30 days. Thanks.

Here's what they look like:
    Last edited by dr0832; 01-10-2012, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Yes, this can be done with the default RegressionChannel drawing tool in NT as well, my screenshot below for example uses Standard Deviations of 4 and is anchored at the start of the data and extended right, so it would project into the future.
      Attached Files
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The problem with those is there's no setting to set the period to use all data. If I put for instance 3000 for the period that may be fine on a 1 minute chart, but on all other charts it will distort the lines.

Comment

You can use all the data from the chart if you anchor this drawing tool on the first bar with the left anchor point. I'm not referring here to the Regression Channel indicator, but the drawing tool we have for this task as well, please press Ctrl + F10 to use it.

Comment

I use numerous linear regression lines in my system, so I need and actual indicator and not something I have to draw manually each time.

Comment

Then you would need to look into custom coding this as a study in our NinjaScript, the regression channel could be drawn as needed and kept up to date from an indicator for example as well.

Comment

Could you please explain how to extend to the right of the chart the default RegressionChannel drawing tool in NT. I seem unable to get it done......

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nicosxm View Post
                  Could you please explain how to extend to the right of the chart the default RegressionChannel drawing tool in NT. I seem unable to get it done......

Thanks
                  If you're using the default, manual drawing tool, you can double click on the Regression Channel to bring up its properties, and then select "Extend left" or "Extend right" and press OK.
                  MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Got it figured out I think seems to be done with the Reg Channel tool ....... correct.????

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                    Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                    11 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post frankthearm