Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Williams %R--how to invert the line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think there's a supported way of plotting as candlesticks, but you should take a look at the Heiken-Ashi code that comes with NT if you're looking for a way to do it.

Comment

birdog,

1. I can put it on subgraphs too right just as long as it is the 1st indicator I place on the chart the subgraph?
      Yes, you can just change the "Panel" field in the indicator properties.

2. Could you explain the Parameters A and B and UseCustomRange a bit more so I will know how to use it properly (I think I got it but still a little confused on it I think)...smile?
      This is just the range you want to output in. So for example if I want my indicator to output in the range of 1 to 100, I would set A to 1 and B to 100. I did that so you don't have to get stuck with negative values when we do the "invert". You don't really even have to use this setting at all.

UseCustomRange set to "True" just makes the indicator use your custom defined range, "False" turns it off.

3. Lastly, would it be possible to add the ability to plot it as candles?
      Yes, but it would likely require a lot more work here. I made a sample called "SpreadCandlesticks" in the sharing section that could be modified. This indicator itself cannot do this.
      Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Cool...thanks Adam...

So, 1-100...each number represents units of time or something else? Just wondering what the 0 and 1 actually represent?..other than that...it is perfect for now...MUCH THANKS!!!

Let me know if you ever do the candles someday...smile. G

Comment

birdog,

0 and 1 were just the default, you can set them to whatever you want. Glad it works for you.

Comment

Adam...what does 0 actually mean and 1 actually mean...sorry that did not communicate well. In other words, if I choose 10 in place of 0 and 20 in place of 1, then what measurement exactly is that adjusting...sorry for the bit of confusion...Greg

Comment

birdog,

It just sets the range so think of it like this. A = 0 and B = 1 means that we are telling the indicator that we want our output to be between 0 and 1. It's just scaling the output to be between two values we want it to be between, but isn't changing the relationship between the values themselves. The chart will look the same if you don't use this setting but it will cover a (most likely) different range of values.

If you set A = 10 and B = 20, the indicator will output between 10 and 20, so 10 is the lowest value it will output, and 20 is the highest value it will output, however visually you won't notice any difference. Only on the "price" scale will you see a difference.

Comment

Adam...cool...ok...I think I got it now...thanks...Greg

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jpapa, Today, 07:22 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM