Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

No Default Default Constructor Defined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Default Default Constructor Defined

I've had to uninstall and reinstall Ninja Trader several times and after having done so, everything seems to work OK. But then after awhile (days or weeks) I reboot and when everything comes back I get log messages (noted below) on many of my custom indicators. The standard indicators and some that I've downloaded from the forum work fine.

I believe this all started when I ran into a naming conflict with an indicator and strategy. I was working on a strategy when then began work on an indicator using the same name. I was unaware this could cause a problem and when i compiled the code, a crash occurred requiring me to uninstall and reinstall Ninja Trader. There are basically two different messages I'm getting:

1, Unable to create instance of 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.ADL'. Most likely there is no default constructor defined, or the default constructor does not work correctly: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

2. Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method for indicator 'VolumeUpDownSeven' on bar 10: The type initializer for 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.Indicator' threw an exception.

I don't understand. After the rebuilds,it works fine (for awhile). Then it all falls apart again.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

thanks,

taddypole...

Hi Taddypole, are you running any 3rd party assemblies here that would not be suited for this version of NT7? Are you referencing any DLL's in your custom scripts?

Is this on NT7 R8?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

I run 3rd party utilities, but they are approved. On this lastest issue, I've done a repair and also upgraded to version 8 from version 7 but still have the problem.

A little more testing has reveled that the indicators that are affected seem to be random. Its not clear if only the standard, downloaded or custom built have the problem.

regards

taddypole...

Comment

Thanks, so you're sure you run the latest version offered from those 3rd party assemblies as well?

Would you mind sending me the trace / logs from today via Help >> Mail to Support so we would review closer?

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

I think I've solved my problem. The one thing I hadn't tried was creating a new workspace, chart and load new data. Doing that seems to have solved the problem. So far everything is working correctly.

Thanks for your support.

taddypole...

Comment

Thanks for letting me know Taddypole, please report back should it resurface for you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes