Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What order are columns processed in Market Analyzer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What order are columns processed in Market Analyzer?

Hi all,

I'm developing a custom indicator to be used in Market Analyzer.

I want to generate several values of use from the same base set of computations during each tick. Ideally I would like to have separate columns for these values so I can sort and filter them.

The brute force method would be to duplicate the all of the logic in separate indicators, one for each column. However, this might affect performance.

It seems like the best way to do it is to have one indicator do the heavy lifting and have different indicators refer to properties in the first one for the information. However, I don't know what order the columns are called so I can't be sure that the base information has been completed before deriving the other values.

When a tick is received are columns called in a certain order like left to right? If they are then I can rely on the order of the columns to know when processing is done.

thanks,

john

jkmott,

All columns should update on an incoming tick. There is no set order. The CPU scheduler may affect the order.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Is each column a different thread? Can I use semaphores inside indicators? That would allow me to have any of the columns do the hard work first and the others would block until it was done.

If semaphores are not a good idea inside the Market Analyzer is there a NJ mechanism to allow a body of code to execute once for a row and share those results?

john

Comment

jkmott,

Unfortunately access when the market analyzer updates columns is unsupported programming. All code runs in one thread currently during live trading. There are multiple threads in optimization.

I would suggest perhaps understanding how NinjaTrader uses BarsInProgress and handles multi-instrument indicators.

Its possible that you could use one indicator to accomplish your goals using the above references.

Hopefully someone has some advice for how to accomplish what you ask.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
        0 responses