• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom Indicator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Indicator

Can the wizard be used to create indicators? If so, how....video? explanation?
    Maybe what i'm looking for already...I wanted to have a bollanger type indicator but using xma as the basis with the bands adjustable by ticks.

thanks
    Ashish

The wizard can be used to create the initial template for a custom indicator. The actual indicator calculations must be manually programmed.

There are 6 excellent indicator development tutorials located in our Help Guide. Its a great place to start. They are under the NinjaScript section.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

custom bar

I need help in coding for a 3 bar reversal pattern. I have gone thru the videos but I guess I am not getting it. Here is what I am looking for. Picture 3 bars numbered 1,2,3, from left to right. A bullish reversal would have H3>H2 and L3=or >L2. H2<H1 and L2<L1. What I want is when the 4th bar opens and breaks above H3 by 1 tick, a circle or symbol to appear to indicate completion of the pattern. Reverse logic for a bearish 3 bar reversal. If anyone knows how to do this with ninja script I would be grateful for their assistance. Thanks.

Comment

Hi einstein,

This is all doable. To access values of the highs you can use High[0]. The way you determine the index number that goes inside the bracket is from right to left starting at 0 representing the most recent bar. 1 being the previous bar. etc.

Code:
        if (High[1] > High[2] && Low[1] >= Low[2] && High[2] < High[3] && Low[2] < Low[3] && Open[0] > High[1] + TickSize)
             DrawDot("Bullish Reversal" + CurrentBar, 0, High[0], Color.Red);
        This is what I interpreted your code to mean. You may need to tweak it a bit, but its a starting point for you.
        JoshNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, I will review what you have sent and give it a try.

Comment

Josh, I will try to code for a bearish reversal and post it. In the meantime, how do I import the bullish code into NINJA? Do I have to convert it to a zip file and use the Ninja import function? If so how does one convert it to a zip file? Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

Comment

Please review this whole section of the help file. http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tml?Overview18
              JoshNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by vhjscv, Yesterday, 10:31 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post vhjscv
              by vhjscv

Started by buick, Yesterday, 09:37 PM
              0 responses