Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Newbie ? - enum input parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie ? - enum input parameters

Hello,

I am a total newbie to ninjascript programming, and I have a total newbie question.

I am developing an indicator, and I want to have an enumerated list as an input parameter. I want this list to show up in the interface of the indicator so users can choose a member of the list that I will then use in my indicator code.

(I don't think I can do this with the wizard since the type of my input parameter is not offered as a choice by the NT indicator setup wizard.)

I am talking about an enumerated list like the "Chart Pattern" parameter in the built-in CandleStickPattern indicator included with NinjaTrader.

I have tried to duplicate what I see in the code of the CandleStickPattern indicator just to get such an input parameter to show up in the interface of my indicator. I have been unsuccessful at even getting an enum parameter to show up in the interface of my indicator at all. I must be missing something.

Just to make it simple, could someone please post the relevant code from the CandleStickPattern indicator that I would need to place in my indicator to get the exact same enum input parameter to show up in the interface to my indicator?

If I can get this simple example working, hopefully I can build on it and get my code working the way I want it to.

Thanks in advance for any help with this question.

If someone wants to take a different tack in helping me to get an enum input parameter into (the interface of) my indicator, that's great, too. I was just asking for the previous info in an effort to make it as easy as possible to help me with my problem.

Comment

Never mind... after I posted this thread, the NT forum generated a list of similar threads to mine. I found my answer in a thread from back in Feb 2011.

Awesome tool NT!! I've never encountered this type of automated "similarity search" on a message board before!!

Comment

In case someone with the same problem, or a similar one, stumbles across this thread in search of a solution, here is a link to the post that ultimately helped me to solve my problem:

Hope this helps.

Comment

Welcome to our forums and thanks for sharing how you could resolve your issue. For a very useful range of samples, please check this link - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=29

Our NinjaScript tutorials are found here in the helpguide - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../tutorials.htm
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post alifarahani  
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
          1 response
          0 likes