Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is it possible to edit NinjaScript without development tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to edit NinjaScript without development tool?

I am running the free version of NT and do not have any development tools, visual studio etc. I would like to modify a script I found online (MACrossBuilder) but I cant figure out where the CalculateonBarClose it set so I make sure the code I add doesn't mess it up. The code works great now but I would like to modify it so on CalculateonBarCloase=False it only alerts once per bar. I found some good sample code on this site to try but I do not want to mess up the CalculateonBarClose=True which works fine. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Scott

Welcome to our forums Scott, you can set the CalculateOnBarClose as well from the UI as you add the indicator, it would be found in the parameters section of it.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

CalculateOnBarClose

Bertrand,
      Thank you for the quick response. I do not understand what you mean by it can be added in the user Interface. CalculateOnBarClose does not show up in the code I found so I am not sure how it handles the code differently based on the setting for COBC.
      Scott

Comment

You're welcome Scott, COBC can be set in code but this is optional - it it's not set in code you can change this 'on the fly' from the indicator parameters window, see my screenshot please for a visual demonstration.

This setting influences how the OnBarUpdate() is called for the script, it's either on the bar close (COBC = True) or on every tick seen (COBC = False).
        Attached Files

Comment

In the code I found COBC is set by the use in the indicator window within NT. How do I add the CalculateOnFirstTickOfBar and book flags so that COBC=true still works without considering the revised code?
          Scott

Comment

For with FirstTickOfBar, check into this reference sample we have - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=19387

This technique will allow combining elements for COBC true and false in one script.

Comment

That is the same code I wanted to try but I was confused because the code in MACrossBuilder does not call COBC directly so I can see it. I am not sure where to insert the sample code so I do not mess up the functionality. I can just start trying different things but I would rather understand what I am doing if possible.

Comment

We could unfortunately not create a step by step modification approach for the custom indicator you use, but if you're not very familiar with NinjaScript then I would suggest to first of a look at these tutorials to get you going towards code modification and creation :

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes