Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Draw at bottom of main panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw at bottom of main panel

Hi all;

Just want to tidy up an indicator, I want to draw a dot at the bottom of the main chart. Don't want it involved in scaling but would be handy to have it always visible even if the bar had been scaled off the screen (but this is not essential). Obviously have this bit ;-

DrawDot(CurrentBar.ToString(), true, 0, High[0]-((High[0] - Low[0]) / 2), Color.Beige);

BUT how do I get it to the bottom of the main chart?

see image for example.

Thanks

ben.
    Attached Files

You'd need to create a panel below your volume

Originally posted by stocktraderbmp View Post
    Hi all;

Just want to tidy up an indicator, I want to draw a dot at the bottom of the main chart. Don't want it involved in scaling but would be handy to have it always visible even if the bar had been scaled off the screen (but this is not essential). Obviously have this bit ;-

DrawDot(CurrentBar.ToString(), true, 0, High[0]-((High[0] - Low[0]) / 2), Color.Beige);

BUT how do I get it to the bottom of the main chart?

see image for example.

Thanks

ben.

Comment

Hi Sledge;

Thanks for the link - had found others along a similar line and was aware of the 'DrawOnPricePanel' command which works. Unfortunately I have been a bit too smart and my indicator is an amalgamation of 2 others - I have an arrow being drawn above the trigger and I wanted a dot as a signal. Obviously there were more dots than arrows and to keep the chart a bit cleaner I was hoping to move the dots away from the bars, by setting the 'DrawOnPricePanel' to false it has moved both the arrow and the dot to the indicator panel. I have moved these to the top of the panel to create the effect of another panel without actually having one and then changed the bar color and outline of the trigger bar for easy identification when I review my trades.
      Its no big problem, but if there was an easy solution I wouldn't have minded learning a bit more C# !!

Thanks for your time and the link;

Ben.
      Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
      Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM