Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Transfer Plot Values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that was what you meant - thanks :-)

However unfortunately they don't , sorry. Every time I go into the receiver and change a color or the length of some other lines I have on there - or even do something with another indicator on that chart I lose the history of the transferred values.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by I_Quant View Post
      I thought that was what you meant - thanks :-)

However unfortunately they don't , sorry. Every time I go into the receiver and change a color or the length of some other lines I have on there - or even do something with another indicator on that chart I lose the history of the transferred values.

Any ideas?
      Hm. That sounds strange. If the primary indicator is not top secret, you may have to post it so that I can run it and see what gives. But in the first place, you may have to specify the exact bar series when calling the called (primary) indicator. e.g., CalledIndicator(Closes[1], ...) if based on the Close. Otherwise, Opens[1], etc.

That is the reason why, in my first response, I asked you to post the calling signature.

What you describe would be the case if the called indicator itself depends on realtime values only.

Comment

I think you may have it. The sending indicator is just a plagiarised version of (I think sgbtrading's) Market Profile implementation. I am changing that for my own purposes and one of the things I want is to transfer the developing value high/low and poc (he called them evolving) from a 30m chart onto my 1m chart. So they are real-time values as far as I understand it.

Any idea how I might make them persistent? Difficult I know without knowing the code.

many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by I_Quant View Post
          I think you may have it. The sending indicator is just a plagiarised version of (I think sgbtrading's) Market Profile implementation. I am changing that for my own purposes and one of the things I want is to transfer the developing value high/low and poc (he called them evolving) from a 30m chart onto my 1m chart. So they are real-time values as far as I understand it.

Any idea how I might make them persistent? Difficult I know without knowing the code.

many thanks
          So far, the only way we have in NT to persist data that would otherwise be realtime is to use the Gomi Recorder. ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...=gomi+recorder

But that does mean a considerable rewrite of your indicators to use the recorded data.

Comment

guessed as much. I will just live with it. Many thanks for your efforts. I appreciate them.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Kimberly  
            Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post xiinteractive