Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Volume change indicator recommendation for Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume change indicator recommendation for Market Analyzer

Hi all,

I want to add a volume indicator as a column in Market Analyzer. I want one that shows volume change from previous bars. It doesn't matter if its buying or selling, I just want to see that there has been a percentage change from a recent average to look for increased activity.

Any recommendations?

thanks!

john

I assume you trade with volume derived bars then jk - as do I and I wrote the following :

It is a volume bar timer and plots how fast (in seconds) a bar forms. By comparing it to previous bars (its average) you can see if bars have started to form quicker or slower. Relating this to price action and a specific price level eg a pivot level or prior high, you can decide whether the price movement has support from the market.
    If volume is coming quicker it suggests increased interest at this level (either reversal or continuation) - if slower it might suggest interest is waning.
    You can adjust the definition of a fast bar etc by altering the offset - see the indicator for an explanation.

Hope this helps;

Ben.

Comment

Thanks for this. I can't unzip these for some reason. I see them in the zip file but Windows says that it can't see them. Can you email me the files? My email is johnkmott at gmail dot com

Comment

jkmott,

I have attached the relevant file to this post.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
        Attached Files
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you again. I'm certain that this is my system (Windows XP) but I am unable to read the file @sma.cs or VolumeBarTime.cs. I see them in the zip file but they don't open. Can you attach the individual files .cs here unzipped? I'm sorry for the complexity.

john

Comment

Originally posted by jkmott59 View Post
            Thank you again. I'm certain that this is my system (Windows XP) but I am unable to read the file @sma.cs or VolumeBarTime.cs.

john
            Have sent you the file in .txt - If you need help creating the indicator - post back here or use the new indicator wizard - create an indicator - compile and close it - re-open it with the 'edit indicator' then cut and paste the .txt CONTENTS into the indicator you are editing and re-compile it.
            I have not heard of any other problems with importing the indicator - I am assuming you are importing it using the program specific import facility 'File - Utilities - Import.... If this is the case then the only other compatibility issue should be versions of NT.
            Please let me know if you continue to have problems - I've had no other reports of issues and would want to correct them.

Ben.
            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Perr0Grande  
            Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
            0 responses