Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problem importing upgrade assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem importing upgrade assembly

I have a user that is trying to import a new assembly that I generated. The file is protected, and has a version specified when it is exported (version is higher than previous version). There are no errors when it is exported.

The user imports the file with no errors, but it does not take (no behavior changes). The only way for them to get the file to take, is to remove the assembly, then reimport, then restart Ninja. What would cause this behavior?

Hi aslane,

If your assembly uses anything outside the indicator/strategy namespace, then an NT restart could be required before those items are available. The custom assembly (NinjaTrader.Custom.dll) is only rebuilt at NT startup and not during import.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What do you mean by outside of namespace? I do read files etc, so it does use other .net code, but does not reference other dlls or anything like that. Would that count as something requiring a restart?

Also, should an assembly like this only be imported when charts are closed (nothing referencing the assembly)?

Comment

You should not have to worry about open charts. Pretty much everything outside of indicator/strategy could require a platform restart. I'm happy to take a look at your assembly if you want to confirm whether the restart is expected or not. Send to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com, Attn: RyanM.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes