Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Volume with Moving Average

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_PatrickH
    replied
    Hello tatarmalay,

Thank you for your post.

What you are detailing is unexpected. Can you send us over your log and trace files to investigate further?
    You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support. Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H - 1532325' in the subject line.

Leave a comment:

• tatarmalay
    replied
    Good day Brett,
    I have a problem now by dragging one indicator over another one.
    I used to drag VOLMA over VOL successfully, hence I had both of them visible.
    Recently I started receiving an error says - Unhandled exception: An item with the same key has already been added.
    Could you clarify that.

Thank you,
    Regards,

Leave a comment:

• Jmstutman
    replied
    Yup, that's it. Thanks Brett.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Brett
    replied
    You might need to adjust the scale property so its doesn't share the same scale. Right click -> indicators -> select that indicator -> scale justification property. Set that to left to put it on its own scale or if want it to overlay set it to "overlay".

-Brett

Leave a comment:

• Jmstutman
    replied
    So there is a drag and drop! Very nice. I was clicking on the panel background and not the actual indicator so that makes sense. The only issue is that when I moved the VOLMA indicator into another panel (I overlayed it with a VolumeOscillator) and back again it warped the VOLMA. Any idea what's going on here?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Brett
    replied
    Jm,

Thanks for posting that answer, also with NinjaTrader 7 you can click the indicator once to select it then click and hold and drag the indicator between panels!

Have a great day.

-Brett

Leave a comment:

• Jmstutman
    replied
    Originally posted by TPCMAN View Post
    Can someone direct me on how to add a moving average to my volume (Vol)? Thanks
    Two years late, but you just need to select the VOLMA and place it on the same panel as your VOL indicator. A drag and drop feature in the future would be more convenient though, Hint hint!

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickH
    replied
    Hello TPCMAN,

Thank you for your post.

Do you wish to add the moving average's plot to your VOL indciator or do wish to use the moving average for an indicator or strategies code?

To add another indicator as your input you can do the following when programming the indicator: EMA(VOL, period)[0];

You can add an indicator as the input for another indicator on your chart as well by right clicking in your chart > select Indicators > add the indicator you wish to plot by selecting the indicator and clicking NEW > on the right hand side of the Indicators window you can now change the parameters of the indicator > left click on the input series > select the '...' button > double click on Indicators > select the indicator you wish to use as the input series > change the parameters for the input series > select OK > OK.

For a video demonstrating how to plot an indicator base don another indicator please visit the following link: http://youtu.be/zQRxnFzsUVA
    Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• TPCMAN
    started a topic Volume with Moving Average

Volume with Moving Average

Can someone direct me on how to add a moving average to my volume (Vol)? Thanks

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post Perr0Grande  
Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM