Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SampleMultiColoredPlot.zip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SampleMultiColoredPlot.zip

I downloaded and installed SampleMultiColoredPlot.zip and started using it. I noticed some curious behavior. I noticed this behavior in an indicator that I developed based on the SampleMultiColoredPlot.zip. Thought maybe I had done something wrong and so I compiled and loaded that indicator on a chart to verify that the same behavior happened with it and it does. So, here's what happens. There are times when the sma is pointing down or up but the color is opposite. So, in other words, the sma is pointing down but yet the color is green or vice versa. Other times, bar close will print a red bar but then on open of the next bar that red bar will change to green. I noticed this when scrolling static charts a bar at a time. When I noticed this on a particular bar, I would immediately scroll back, reload the script, and scroll forward. Each time I would get to that bar the same behavior would occur.

By the way, i noticed this with the sma plotted as a bar instead of a line. However, same behavior occurs with it plotted as a line.

Any idea why this happens?

Mike

assuming you load this indicator, you might want to use a 1 period sma so you get enough samples. just noticed too that it looks like some of the down plots have 2 lines, a red and a green. i thought the color looked a bit off so i made the green line a width of 1 and the red a width of 2 and sure enough, i see a wide red and a narrow green line in some of those plots.

Comment

I believe this is unavoidable due to the nature that where lines intersect, the plots really overlap and depending on internal drawing routines, one plot may plot before the other etc..
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Where can I find this script? I would like have my WMA change colors when uptrend/downtrend change. Can someone point me in the right direction? Still searching. Thanks in advance!

[quote=Mike Winfrey;24812]I downloaded and installed SampleMultiColoredPlot.zip and started using it.

Comment

See here

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post bltdavid  
          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM