Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Retrieving Highest High for today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retrieving Highest High for today

In Market analyzer I am scanning for setups that use daily bars and 10 min bars.

So far I have completed the daily scan indicator but now I want to further filter by 10 minute bars within today.

I would like to add in a check to see what the highest high is for todays 10 minute bars from the open to four bars ago. ( I don't care about bar 1,2,3)

Is it possible to have a market analyzer scanning daily bars AND also further drill down when the daily information meets my criteria.

Then when all that is met I would like to have ninja automatically enter into a posistion.

Thanks

All this can be built into a strategy...the downside, you can't run a strategy in the Market Analyzer.

The Market Analyzer does allow indicator columns which does not support multi-time frame.

To get the the highest high you should use the MAX() indicator. You can have an internal counter and check for the property FirstBarOfSession, when true, set the counter to a value of zero and increment on each new bar. Then on the current bar you could do -

double highestHigh = MAX(High, CounterValue - 4)[4];

Something like that.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post alifarahani  
    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM