Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Clear Method Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clear Method Indicator

Does anyone have an indicator for Ron Black's Clear Method (Swing Detector) from the "Technical Analysis of Stocks & Comodities" magazine, September 2010 Issue that works on NJ7?

Stockjock,

I found it. Please find it attached.

Traders' Tips, a collection of code provided by developers to help implement trading ideas and techniques presented in the pages of Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities Magazine.
    Attached Files
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
      I found it. Please find it attached.
      Thanks very much. Can this be made into an ATM Strategy?

Comment

StockJock,

You could probably find a way to make it work in an automated strategy, but an ATM strategy does not accept input from indicators.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
          You could probably find a way to make it work in an automated strategy, but an ATM strategy does not accept input from indicators.
          I'm just learning NJ7 programming language. So there's a differrence between Automated Strategy and ATM Strategy? Do both NJ's indicators and strategies use the C# language, so that I can just do some editing on the Clear Method indicator and make it into a strategy?

Comment

StockJock,

Indicators and strategies have different namespaces they belong to so the two aren't totally interchangeable. They both use C# however, and you can call indicators in a strategy generally.

An ATM strategy is for managing orders (even manually placed orders), but can also be used in an automated strategy to manage orders it places. ATM strategies automatically manage stops, targets, break-evens, etc.

We have a strategy webinar you could attend that covers how to use the Strategy Wizard. The Strategy Wizard would require no programming to setup strategies, however some things are not possible with the Strategy Wizard vs. code.

Schedule of webinars : http://www.ninjatrader.com/webinars

If you are interested in learning to code NinjaScript, here is a good introductory video.

Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video is a NinjaScript tutorial on creating a strategy based on overbought/oversold conditions of...

Also, our support forum has reference samples on how to code certain things.

Comment

When I try to import the indicator I get an error, but I don't know which file its referring to. I don't think its the one you just gave me.
              You have custom NinjaScrip files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File.
              Is there an easy way to locate the file with the error?

Comment

StockJock,

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling only one indicator. This will allow you to debug the offending indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.

Open NinjaTrader
                • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
                • Select an indicator and double click on it.
                • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
                • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
                • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

So I'll need to go through the entire list of indicators and check each one if it doesn't compile correctly?

Comment

StockJock,

No, you would only need to do this on one indicator. It will show any issues with any other indicator or strategy since they all get compiled at the same time.

Comment

Were you able to resolve your issue StockJock?
                      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

i'm trying to call this indicator for a really easy strategy.
                        sell if the ShortTermSwings goes down, target 40 ticks

here the code:

// Selling condition
                        if (ShortTermSwings().Trend[0] < ShortTermSwings().Trend[1])
                        {
                        EnterShort(DefaultQuantity,
                        "Vente");
                        SetProfitTarget(
                        "Vente", CalculationMode.Ticks, 42*TickSize);
                        }

but i don't understand why after hitting 42 ticks, the indicator continue to go down and the script is not taking a new position (as shown on the picture below).

I think that i have to call the line of the indicator but i don't now the code to call it.

Can you help ?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thomas,

Please read the following :

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas79 View Post
                            // Selling condition
                            if (ShortTermSwings().Trend[0] < ShortTermSwings().Trend[1])
                            {
                            EnterShort(DefaultQuantity,
                            "Vente");
                            SetProfitTarget(
                            "Vente", CalculationMode.Ticks, 42*TickSize);
                            }
                            Thomas79,

Interesting code. What indicator are you referencing with ShortTermSwings()?

Comment

Hi StockJock

this is the indicator of Ron Black's Clear Method from the "Technical Analysis of Stocks & Comodities" magazine, September 2010, the one than you talk on your first message...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Belfortbucks  
                              Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post zstheorist