Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Volume Oscilator - Buy / Sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Oscilator - Buy / Sell

Hello Everyone... I guess this is my 1st posting on this forum... look forward to many more!!

It's taken me several months just to get the hang of NT7... after being a 15yr Tradestation user!! (long, nasty story, don't ask)

Hence the reason I am asking you all, this QUESTION:

Has anyone come across an indicator like the one shown here??? (see attached file)

Simple enough... it is simply a VOLUME HISTOGRAM.... up ticks, or buys are above the ZERO-LINE.... and down ticks, or sells are below the ZERO-LINE!! Pretty simple, yet VERY VISUAL to see which way the volume is leaning!! (take a look)

Anyway, I'll be the 1st to admit that "I CAN'T PROGRAM"... sorry, it's just beyond by brain functionality.... therefore, I always relied on the TS standard indicators... or the ones I found in the USER LIBRARY!

SO, If anyone has SEEN THIS, or HAS THIS... or would be seeking the challenge of PROGRAMMING THIS... I for one, would be truly indebted... as will the others who find it useful! Thanks you, in advance..... any questions, just ask!

Jeff B.
    TraderJMB
    Attached Files

Welcome to NT and our forums here Jeff - glad to have you!

Have you already checked into the per default installed NT PowerVolume indicators?

BuySell Volume and BuySell Pressure would be the ones you should take a look into for your use.

All the best,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks....

CLOSE!! But, unfortunately... no cigar!

I found an indicator called "BuySellVolumeNegative"... here on the forum.... which is almost exactly what I'm looking for... BUT, being that I use these charts to constantly update to different symbols.... the history is wiped out....

I;m not too sure why it simply doesn't stay intact, like the :VolumeUpDown" indicator does??
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Jeff, yes that would be unfortunately expected for the realtime only BuySellVolume studies since they work off the realtime bid / ask data which would not be available for backfilling. We have this though on our feedback list for consideration for the next major NT update.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ursavent, Today, 12:54 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ursavent  
        Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes