Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

MultiTick Frame / MultiTimeFrame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MultiTick Frame / MultiTimeFrame

I am familiar with the multitime frame method on the "MultiTimeframe & Instruments" in the Help menu. When adding a second timeframe data to a chart it distorts the primary time frame. This is particularly true on tick charts. Can the second time frame (or tick frame) run in the background and still show an indicator or arrow on the primary chart?

Alternatively, can indicator results from one chart be imported into a second time frame chart.

For example, if I have an Oscillator on a 5000 tick chart of the ES, and it prints an arrow when it turns, can that arrow be seen on all charts? Or a specific chart. This is true for hand drawn lines and arrows by enabling the "all charts" on the drawing object menu. - Can you do this for an indicator drawn object?

Thanks,
    Mike

mkoning,

There is no supported way for indicators from one chart to access or change another chart unfortunately.

What sort of charts are you loading that causes this distortion? What is your ultimate goal here?

I would be happy to offer advice, or procedures you can use to accomplish what is possible.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks Adam,
      How about a drawn arrow from an indicator - can that be designated "all charts". there was something in the help section about idraw objects.
      Mike

Comment

mkoning, unfortunately creating Global Draw Objects from NinjaScript is not possible, we have an enhancement suggestion added though for this item into our product management system and I've counted your vote and request in.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks,
          That would be helpfull to those of us that like to use 2 or more timeframes (or tickframes)
          Mike

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jclose, Yesterday, 09:37 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by firefoxforum12, Yesterday, 08:53 PM
          1 response
          0 likes