Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom Graphics caching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Graphics caching

Hi,

I'm drawing custom graphics using GDI+ on override void Plot method.

Graphics I'm drawing are quite complex and needs to be updated many times a second. This can cause some computational problems. I need to cache some graphics instead of drawing everything again on every call of Plot method. How can I cache some of the already drawn graphics?

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

The only thing I can think of is changing the chart refresh interval may give you some benefit here.

Right click on the chart->properties->refresh interval by default is half a second. You could lengthen this to a second or greater would probably help you out here with redraw.

Otherwise the chart will plot every half second, you could try using something like a timer or counter to reduce the amount of things you change inside of plot is the only other suggestion I could provide.

Anytime you override plot as I'm sure you are aware you are outside of what is supported NinjaScript so all we can do is offer advice or idea''s if we have them I do not have any samples on how you would do this. Hopefully you find the above useful.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post funk10101  
    Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
    11 responses
    0 likes