Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Request - HMA and Bollinger Bands In Single Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by velocirpator View Post
    So I have to ask. Isn't that code performing the entire BB calculation from a series THREE separate times? One complete calculation for each of upper, lower, then middle? Isn't there some way for greater efficiency sake to calculate the BB result only once, and then pull the three needed values (upper,lower,middle) from the results of that single calculation?

Thanks....
    Use a named instance of the indicator, in which case the OBU event will set all 3 values, and you can query them on the same tick.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
      Use a named instance of the indicator, in which case the OBU event will set all 3 values, and you can query them on the same tick.
      Sounds good. I am relatively new to developing on this platform, so I tried the above and ran into a problem. I could not construct the named Bollinger instance with appropriate arguments, but I could construct an instance with the default constructor. Now I cannot find any methods which will allow me to feed it the specific parameters I need. Thanks for any help again....

// err msg says no ctor with 3 arguments ??? WUT?
      // but the lang reference seems to say this is OK ???
      //Bollinger ind = new Bollinger(mySeries, bollingerBandsStdDev, bollingerBandsPeriods);

// this is valid, but now how do i then use it - i see no list of callable methods
      Bollinger ind = new Bollinger();

Comment

Don't use the 'new' keyword.

//no
        Bollinger ind = new Bollinger(mySeries, bollingerBandsStdDev, bollingerBandsPeriods);

//yes
        Bollinger ind = Bollinger(mySeries, bollingerBandsStdDev, bollingerBandsPeriods);

Comment

Originally posted by velocirpator View Post
          Sounds good. I am relatively new to developing on this platform, so I tried the above and ran into a problem. I could not construct the named Bollinger instance with appropriate arguments, but I could construct an instance with the default constructor. Now I cannot find any methods which will allow me to feed it the specific parameters I need. Thanks for any help again....

// err msg says no ctor with 3 arguments ??? WUT?
          // but the lang reference seems to say this is OK ???
          //Bollinger ind = new Bollinger(mySeries, bollingerBandsStdDev, bollingerBandsPeriods);

// this is valid, but now how do i then use it - i see no list of callable methods
          Bollinger ind = new Bollinger();
          Do not use the new keyword.

This post shows an example of how to create a named instance (actually multiple ones), albeit they are EMA's, not Bolli's. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d.php?p=221406
          Last edited by koganam; 10-14-2012, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post sarafuenonly123