Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator that uses indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator that uses indicator

I want to build an indicator that can take another indicator (as well as price) as input. Any references appreciated.

Okay, it looks like I can do that in the editor... seems a bit odd though that I can't just select the indicators that I've already put on chart but must create a new indicator.

Comment

Originally posted by light65536 View Post
      Okay, it looks like I can do that in the editor... seems a bit odd though that I can't just select the indicators that I've already put on chart but must create a new indicator.
      I am editing my MACD to change the input series, and it's already on the chart.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, I can't get this to work. I mean that if I have an EMA and want to apply it to an SMA I've added to chart already. I can't just select the SMA I already created but I must go to SMA and re-enter the settings. It works but it just confused me at first. I thought I might be able to type or enter the indicator that I already had on chart.

Comment

Sorry, I can't get this to work. I mean that if I have an EMA and want to apply it to an SMA I've added to chart already. I can't just select the SMA I already created but I must go to SMA and re-enter the settings. It works but it just confused me at first. I thought I might be able to type or enter the indicator that I already had on chart.
          OK - I see what you are saying. Yeah, it looks like that is the case.

So it looks like NT can't nest more than 2 deep... this is impossible: EMA(SMA(EMA...

Comment

No its still possible.. I believe... you just hit the (...) on the extra page and then create a new indicator.

Originally posted by sledge View Post
            OK - I see what you are saying. Yeah, it looks like that is the case.

So it looks like NT can't nest more than 2 deep... this is impossible: EMA(SMA(EMA...

Comment

No its still possible.. I believe... you just hit the (...) on the extra page and then create a new indicator.
              LOL, Yup, just keep hitting (...).. at that point it would be nice to choose from the list like you mentioned.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Taddypole