Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Need To Draw Object Using Left Scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need To Draw Object Using Left Scale

I have indicator, L, on the same panel as the input series but scaled on the left. I have another indicator on the current panel in which I want to draw arrows using X values from the current price series and also draw arrows using the X values from the L indicator which has X values on the left. But a draw object seems to use X values from the current panel only. How can I draw arrows that connect objects that are plotted from indicator L? Is there a way to determine how the right and left scales coordinate so I can figure out the X values in right scale terms based on the values of the left scale? As a last resort I guess I could create a separate indicator that draws the left scaled objects and put it on the current panel scaled on the left - but is there a way to keep my right and left scaled draw objects in the same indicator?

dkrumholz,

I guess I am not sure what you mean here. Could you clarify?

Are you trying to draw a line lets say from the left scale to the right scale? So for example, the left endpoint of the line would be on the left axis, the right endpoint of the line would be on the right axis?
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have price bars on the panel and let's say they go from a low ot 100 to a high of 150. I have an additional indicator on the panel with left scaling that goes from a low of -2 to a high of +2. I want to draw a line from let's say the low of price at bar 50 to the low at bar 55. That line is simple - the X values are the low at bar 50 and the low at bar 55. But I want to draw a second line from the value of the indicator (with scaling on the left) at bar 50 to the value of the indicator at bar 55. What do I use for X values for that second line? If the values of the indicator at those bars are 1.3 and -0.7 I can't use those values for drawing the line as the X values for the line need to be specified in the units of the right axis.How do I draw that second line?

Comment

dkrumholz, drawing to separate scales with NinjaScript in on our list of feedback, I added a vote here on your behalf in as well - however presently it would be needed to approach this via two indicators, so each could be attached to the needed scale for your task.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes