Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How are indicators references

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are indicators references

I am trying to understand how indicators like SMA or EMA are referenced. Do they exist in a certain namespace or DLL or is the ability to access these indicators a result of "ninja editor" wizardry? I am building some projects in Visual Studio and am unable to access the indicator/series like SMA or EMA.

Also, is there a command like the "go to reference" in Visual Studio for Ninja script editor? I.e so I can right click on an indicator and go to the declarations.

Check out the #region section for declarations

#region Using declarations
    using System;
    using System.ComponentModel;
    using System.Diagnostics;
    using System.Drawing;
    using System.Drawing.Drawing2D;
    using System.Xml.Serialization;
    using NinjaTrader.Cbi;
    using NinjaTrader.Data;
    using NinjaTrader.Indicator;
    using NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart;
    using NinjaTrader.Strategy;
    #endregion

Comment

Yes but the indicators SMA/EMA etc aren't to be found there. This is some sort of magic.. trickery they are using, I believe.

They are somehow pulling in all the indicators into the Indicator namespace but they aren't generally accessible...

I am trying to access these from Visual Studio. Importing those namespaces does not import the indicators. There may be a DLL that I can import. I'm not sure of the soundness of this though.

I am guessing this DLL gets rebuilt custom for each users machine during the indicator build process.

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      Check out the #region section for declarations

#region Using declarations
      using System;
      using System.ComponentModel;
      using System.Diagnostics;
      using System.Drawing;
      using System.Drawing.Drawing2D;
      using System.Xml.Serialization;
      using NinjaTrader.Cbi;
      using NinjaTrader.Data;
      using NinjaTrader.Indicator;
      using NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart;
      using NinjaTrader.Strategy;
      #endregion
      Last edited by light65536; 07-22-2012, 06:17 PM.

Comment

You might search on debugging in Visual Studio...

This thread, they are building dll's in VS to use in NT.. I don't think they are calling any functions in NT.. but you could check it out

Originally posted by light65536 View Post
        Yes but the indicators SMA/EMA etc aren't to be found there. This is some sort of magic.. trickery they are using, I believe.

They are somehow pulling in all the indicators into the Indicator namespace but they aren't generally accessible...

I am trying to access these from Visual Studio. Importing those namespaces does not import the indicators. There may be a DLL that I can import. I'm not sure of the soundness of this though.

I am guessing this DLL gets rebuilt custom for each users machine during the indicator build process.

Comment

I found the post

looks like you can in debug mode,

Comment

You need to add the correct references to the correct dlls.

ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=18313
            Last edited by koganam; 07-23-2012, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888