Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

WillSpread Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steadman
    replied
    Willspread for NT 8

Hi,
    Does anyone know of a version of Willspread that will work on NT8? MrDude's version worked fine on NT7, but I can't get it to import to NT8. Says it's incompatible.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• robinecek
    replied
    I have figured it out, thanks for your help and patience

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello robinecek,

The days of data supplied to the indicator will be the Days to load set in the Data Series parameters.
    (Right-click chart -> select Data Series... -> on the right look for Days to load)

Leave a comment:

• robinecek
    replied
    I got it but how can I set the number of days for an indicator?

Leave a comment:

• mrdude
    replied
    Scroll to the left of your chart. Do you have bars for both data sets? If you don't have bars for both data sets the indicator will not work because it can't compare two values if it only has one set of values.
    Your chart should look like the attached image
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• robinecek
    replied
    I finally disabled the merging and now I got the stock data "longer" than the ZB data.
    But the indicator is still not plotted :-(

What am I doing wrong?

Leave a comment:

• mrdude
    replied
    If you can only get one year of stock data, make sure that both of your data sources have valid entries for all days. Scroll to the left of your chart and if one data source has bars and not the other the indicator will not work because there is missing data. You can change the number of days to load for each data source so that they both have valid data for all days.

Leave a comment:

• robinecek
    replied
    Please, any ideas how to fix this?

Leave a comment:

• robinecek
    replied
    I tried to download 2 years of AAPL but it downloades only 1 year max and by adding ZB 06-14 as the second data series, I see there is more candles than AAPL but I can´t figure out how to load more than 1 year of stocks.
    Also as I wrote earlier it happened once at the beginning that I succeeded in having willspread plotted and I guess, if there are gaps, they were there before as well but just guessing

Leave a comment:

• mrdude
    replied
    The problem is likely gaps in the stock data. The futures market will have more candles, so check your chart and see if there are any gaps at the beginning of your chart in the AAPL data. If there are, either reload the data or change the Days to Load for your data series to make sure there are no gaps at the beginning of the chart.

Leave a comment:

• robinecek
    replied
    Hi guys,

I have downloaded the 1.2 version, used it on AAPL and for the first time no line appeared. I tried to load the ZB 06-14 as new chart and then tried AAPL with willspread indicator again and it worked. I am not 100% sure how I made it work (not sure about the procedure) but now it isn´t working anymore.

Did someone find out where´s the problem?

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• mrdude
    replied
    I don't have any tick data to test with, but maybe this updated version will work?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hi Steadman,

This indicator contains much unsupported code so I will leave this to other forum members to answer.

A tip though, there is a switch deciding what data series to add. This is highly unsupported and is a possible cause of the issue.

You might want to ask mrdude for more details about the script.

Leave a comment:

• Steadman
    replied
    Excuse me, it is working with time charts, but not tick charts. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• Steadman
    replied
    Hi Chelsea,
    I have brought willspread up on a chart in a separate pane, and there is instrument data, but none for willspread. I understand the format for "secondinstrument" as discussed in the forum and entered it as ZB 03-14, but no luck. Any ideas? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post funk10101  
Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred