Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to Draw Text Only in a Pane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two or More Rows of Text in Sub-pane

I'm developing my indicator and now wish to use DrawText 3 times in an indicator pane. I'm able to get a single DrawText to plot, but when I use two DrawText's (with different Y axis parameters) it still appears to just plot one.

Is it possible to use DrawText multiple times in indicator pane? btw- the text is all that is present, except for two Add(new Line)'s to force the pane to have some height.

Comment

Originally posted by coolmoss View Post
      I'm developing my indicator and now wish to use DrawText 3 times in an indicator pane. I'm able to get a single DrawText to plot, but when I use two DrawText's (with different Y axis parameters) it still appears to just plot one.

Is it possible to use DrawText multiple times in indicator pane? btw- the text is all that is present, except for two Add(new Line)'s to force the pane to have some height.
      Depends on the tag of your drawing. Would you care to post the lines that you are using for Drawing?

Comment

Hey Koganam, you're always there to lend a hand

Here are the lines I'm using to plot:
        Code:
        Plot0.Set(20);
        			if(bari > 0)
        			{
        			DrawText("tag1" + CurrentBar,true, bari.ToString("0.00"), 0, 15, 0, posTextColor, myFont,StringAlignment.Center,textBoxColor,textBoxColor,10);
        			}
        			else if (bari < 0)
        			{
        			DrawText("tag1" + CurrentBar,true, bari.ToString("0.00"), 0, 15, 0, negTextColor, myFont,StringAlignment.Center,textBoxColor,textBoxColor,10);	
        			}

if(bariHi > 0)
        			{
        			DrawText("tag1" + CurrentBar,true, bariHi.ToString("0.00"), 0, 12, 0, posTextColor, myFont,StringAlignment.Center,textBoxColor,textBoxColor,10);
        			}
        			else if (bariHi <= 0)
        			{
        			DrawText("tag1" + CurrentBar,true, bariHi.ToString("0.00"), 0, 12, 0, negTextColor, myFont,StringAlignment.Center,textBoxColor,textBoxColor,10);	
        			}
        The first line was just an attempt to force some range in the pane. I've played around with the Y location values to no avail. Any suggestions appreciated.

Comment

Hello coolmoss,

Thanks for the code snippet.

Using the same tag name they will overwrite each other. You may want to change the name of the tag for each condition. For example:

Code:
          if(bari > 0)
          {
          	DrawText("bariText" + CurrentBar,true, bari.ToString("0.00"), 0, 15, 0, posTextColor, myFont,StringAlignment.Center,textBoxColor,textBoxColor,10);
          }
          else if (bari < 0)
          {
          	DrawText("bariText" + CurrentBar,true, bari.ToString("0.00"), 0, 15, 0, negTextColor, myFont,StringAlignment.Center,textBoxColor,textBoxColor,10);	
          }

if(bariHi > 0)
          {
          	DrawText("barHiText" + CurrentBar,true, bariHi.ToString("0.00"), 0, 12, 0, posTextColor, myFont,StringAlignment.Center,textBoxColor,textBoxColor,10);
          }
          else if (bariHi <= 0)
          {
          	DrawText("barHiText" + CurrentBar,true, bariHi.ToString("0.00"), 0, 12, 0, negTextColor, myFont,StringAlignment.Center,textBoxColor,textBoxColor,10);	
          }
          JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Man, am I an idiot or what? Thanks so much JC and Koganam for your help. I don't know why I missed that, LOL.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by elirion, Today, 09:32 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post elirion
            by elirion

Started by cre8able, Today, 09:15 PM
            1 response
            0 likes