Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DrawRectangle() from the boundary between bars possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrawRectangle() from the boundary between bars possible?

How can I make the DrawRectangle() function draw the rectangle from the boundary between bars instead of from the center to center of bars? The resaon I need this is that the current rectangle border hide the tails of bars.

Best Regards,
    poseidon_sthlm

Hello poseidon_sthlm,

Thank you for your note.

To clarify, can you provide a screen shot of what you'd like to do with the rectangle drawing tool?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

For detailed instructions please visit the following link

How to take a screenshot on your smartphone, tablet, notebook or desktop computer
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry for beeing unclear. The question should have been "How can I make the DrawRectangle() function draw the rectangle from the space between bars instead of from the center to center of bars?

Best Regards,
      poseidon_sthlm

Comment

Originally posted by poseidon_sthlm View Post
        Sorry for beeing unclear. The question should have been "How can I make the DrawRectangle() function draw the rectangle from the space between bars instead of from the center to center of bars?

Best Regards,
        poseidon_sthlm
        As your drawing limits are referenced to bars, you cannot. Your options are really to either thicken the outlines/tails of your bars, or else use the C# Draw() methods, and calculate your anchor points accordingly.

Comment

draw tools

rectangle tool wont draw
          line tool draws part of a line
          hard to reduce the charts by dragging

?

Comment

laredo,

I would suggest opening a new thread about this, as unless you are having an issue with NinjaScript with DrawRectangle() it isn't in the same category at this particular topic. Or, always feel free to contact us at support at ninjatrader dot com and we can answer your questions directly within 15 minutes during regular business hours.

We are happy to help you, we just ask that you either send us a support request to support at ninjatrader dot com, or open a new thread.

You can open a new thread here : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...newthread&f=14
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_AdamP; 09-10-2012, 02:03 PM.
            Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

nt7

Software has just gotten buggy on me.
              Sorry u havent got a better suggestion than fix it myself.

Any software people at ninjatrader these days or U just a call center?

Comment

Laredo,

I was only suggesting using a different thread as you can create your own that is more relevant, and it helps other people find the solution as well. We can and are willing to help you.

In other words someone looking at this thread would probably expect more information on the DrawRectangle() method, not on a charting issue which it sounds like you are having. It's mainly to help us as well as everyone that participates in the forums categorize things so they are easier to find. You would be helping other people find a similar solution to what you are looking for by creating your own thread, and we would still help you with your issue.

If we were to answer your inquiry here it would be off-topic for this particular thread. We can and are willing to help you. If you would like direct support including phone calls you can contact us at support at ninjatrader dot com, otherwise I would suggest opening a new thread with your question and one of our support representatives will get in touch with you there within about 15 minutes, but usually less.

You can create your own new threads here for charting issues : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...newthread&f=14

As far as your issue, when you draw these lines and the boxes, do some of the lines/boxes seem to be missing parts? Could you post a screen shot?

Here is how to take screen shots : http://take-a-screenshot.org/
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_AdamP; 09-10-2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

ok understand,i was simply looking for software support for the product which has become defective and little use to me.

Comment

Laredo,

You can contact us any time through email at support at ninjatrader dot com, or submit it here : http://www.ninjatrader.com/Support

This is a more direct channel to us, and we can usually answer questions within 15 minutes during regular business hours. We are also happy to schedule calls, etc.

As far as your issue, when you draw these lines and the boxes, do some of the lines/boxes seem to be missing parts? Could you post a screen shot preferably in a new thread or via email?

Here is where you can open a new thread : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...newthread&f=14

Here is how to take screen shots : http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Here is our direct contact info : http://www.ninjatrader.com/Support
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_AdamP; 09-10-2012, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by laredo78676 View Post
                      ok understand,i was simply looking for software support for the product which has become defective and little use to me.
                      You are just throwing out arrogant one-liners complaing about the support. The support answers politely and tries to solve your issue.

Did you realize that?

Comment

ensign measure move

ensign has a measured move tool which lets you draw a line of a price leg and extrapolate.NT7 looks like it has one as well but i dont see it on the menu.Screenshot here is from NT7 and you can see the extrapolation.Where is the tool?

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Hello,

If I understand the need correctly you would use the Fibonacci Extension tool and customize it to only show 100% extension.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by laredo78676 View Post
                            ensign has a measured move tool which lets you draw a line of a price leg and extrapolate.NT7 looks like it has one as well but i dont see it on the menu.Screenshot here is from NT7 and you can see the extrapolation.Where is the tool?

http://screencast.com/t/z4iDTo41CmmT
                            Right click on the chart select -> Drawing Tools -> Fibonacci Extensions, or acces it directly with F9.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                            7 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post yertle
                            by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                            2 responses