Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Trend Heat Map Indicator from Ninjacators.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trend Heat Map Indicator from Ninjacators.com

I've been using the Trend Heat Map Indicator from Ninjacators.com with some very good success, but I'd like to make some modifications to it to add different levels of alerts. Does anyone have an open code version that they would be willing to share? Or do they happen to know what kind of algorithm is being used?

Thanks in advance.

TrendTracker,

The Ninjacator source code would be protected, so it would not be accessible short of getting it illicitly. You may be able to find a open-source trend heat map indicator somewhere however.

I would suggest trying Big Mikes Trading, however note that any indicators you may find will probably not be exactly like the Ninjacator indicator.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

do you know if it is possible to call the indicator on a strategie, like "if Trend indicator color goes from grey to green" entrylonglimit...

i don't find the way to call the color within a strategy

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas79 View Post
        Hi

do you know if it is possible to call the indicator on a strategie, like "if Trend indicator color goes from grey to green" entrylonglimit...

thanks in advance
        There was a post 2-3 days ago about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas79 View Post
          Hi

thanks in advance

Comment

Ninjacators Trend Heatmap

Doesn't work at all on my system. Ninjacators themselves failed to get it to work...and blamed NT...who blamed Ninjacators...so I just go round and round and round. Can't get it to work on either my desk machine or my laptop.

Comment

Hello David,
              Thanks for your post.
              Does NinjaTrader properly function when Trend Heatmap is not installed?
              What happens when Trend Heatmap? Is there an error and if so what does it say?
              Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
              What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?
              (For a chart) what interval is selected?
              BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ninjacators not working

Hi Brandon,

Yes NT works OK until I add a Ninjactors indicator. I have tried different Ninjacators and can not get any of them to work. The problem for me, the end user, is that Ninjactors blame NT "or my Windows 10 system" and NT told me that they do not get involved in third party indicators...hence the "round and round in circles" comment.

Regards
                David
                Last edited by David UK; 03-22-2016, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Hello David,
                  Thanks for your reply.
                  I'm glad to hear that your NinjaTrader program works until adding these custom scripts.
                  Can I clarify, is it that NinjaCators is saying their custom add-on does not work with Windows 10? I would recommend clarifying with NinaCators what their requirements for their custom scripts are.
                  Please clarify, what is not working with them? Do they cause NinjaTrader to crash? Can you not import them? Do you get errors? Does everything work but they don't display?

Comment

Hi Brandon,
                    Ninjacators say that their indicators work with Windows 10 but they came onto my machine remotely and could not work out why they were not working. I even did a clean install of NT (hours of work) and still they do not work. They said that there must be a problem with my system so I got Microsoft support to access my computer remotely and check that everything was in order with Windows 10. They confirmed that it was.
                    In terms of clarifying what is not working with them, they import correctly, they license correctly(according to Ninjacators) but they simply display an empty box on the chart. That's as far as I can get.

I have the same problem on both of my computers, both are running Windows 10.

I also use TopDog Trading indicators and they are working OK on both computers.
                    Last edited by David UK; 03-22-2016, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Hello David,
                      Thanks for your reply.
                      So you have tested with a clean install of NinjaTrader and NinjaCators in which NinjaCators said this was caused by your computer, not by NinjaTrader. You would need to look into what about your computers are resulting in this.
                      Do you have an antivirus/firewall installed and if so which one? Example: Norton, AVG, Avast
                      Do you have a backup or auto backup program that is running on your systems?
                      When you apply the indicators to the chart, do you see any errors within the Log tab of the Control Center?

Comment

Hi Brandon,
                        Yes I do use AVG but I have even tried disabling that and it has no affect. I do not get any error messages on the log tab as far as I can see.

Do you know of another indicator that would display the direction of a SMA in the market analyzer as I am unable to get Ninjactors to work?

Regards
                        David

Comment

Hi David -

Please drop us a note to info @ ninjatraderecosystem dot com and reference this post. We can look into possible solutions and look forward to assisting further.

Cheers,

Ryan
                          RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thnaks Ryan, email sent.
                            Regards
                            David

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM