Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Access indicator values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access indicator values

Hello,

is it possible to get access by code to all the indicator values of a bar chart like it is shown in the data box. For example I would like to know all the values ten bars ago.

Regards,

Thomas

Originally posted by FTrader View Post
    Hello,

is it possible to get access by code to all the indicator values of a bar chart like it is shown in the data box. For example I would like to know all the values ten bars ago.

Regards,

Thomas
    Here is a reference sample how to access indicator values correctly:

Comment

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your post.

You can access several different values from # bars ago. For example the Open, High, Low and Close of 10 bars ago could be accessed with the following methods:
      • Open[10]
      • High[10]
      • Low[10]
      • Close[10]

For information on Data types that can be called in NinjaScript please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...properties.htm

For information on referencing the correct bar please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4769

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Greetings, I guess the answer does not fully solve the problem. Let's say I need to export not only High and Low of a specific bar, but also corresponding values of all indicators (which are of course unknown when writing the script) in the chart. So, first I need to know which indicators are present in the chart. E.g. I add EMA and MACD indicators, how do I find it out in the NinjaScript, in another indicator? When I have a reference to them, I suppose I can easily access their values using their IDataSeries[BarsAgo]. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by mantak007 View Post
          Greetings, I guess the answer does not fully solve the problem. Let's say I need to export not only High and Low of a specific bar, but also corresponding values of all indicators (which are of course unknown when writing the script) in the chart. So, first I need to know which indicators are present in the chart. E.g. I add EMA and MACD indicators, how do I find it out in the NinjaScript, in another indicator? When I have a reference to them, I suppose I can easily access their values using their IDataSeries[BarsAgo]. Thank you.
          After I make the usual caveat about ChartControl being unsupported, and so risky to use, as NT can change it anytime that they wish with no notice (that is what unsupported portends), the indicators on a chart are merely another collection of objects, so you can query them.

Here is some code to do so, and output their names. You are most certainly going to have to massage the code to get what you seek, but evidently each indicator on the chart can be individually accessed.

Code:
                      if (CurrentBar == 0) 
                          for (int index = 0; index < ChartControl.Indicators.Length; index++) 
                              Print ("ChartControl.Indicators " + "[" + index.ToString() +"] is " + ChartControl.Indicators[index].Name);
          Open the Output Window and you will see the what the return is.

Comment

That's it, great, thanks a lot.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses