Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Regarding the renko and multi-time frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the renko and multi-time frames

Hello,

I'm in the process of developing a multi time frame indicator. The primary series are renko bars (say 6 ticks), while I need few more (might be up to 8) bar series based on minutes mainly.

The first problem with renko and, say, 1 minute bars is once I apply both dataseries to chart, renko chart is very far left, while minute chart is very far right and renko has big gaps (I apply 2nd series into a separate panel, not same). I don't really care too much about this one as I only need minute bar values from 0 and 1 bar.

The main problem is, it doesn't allow me to access secondary data series at all:
    "Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method for indicator 'testindicator' on bar 0: You are accessing an index with a value that is invalid since its out of range. I.E. accessing a series [barsAgo] with a value of 5 when there are only 4 bars on the chart."

I load 40 days on my main series and it flips even when I'm accessing 1 minute data. I access just price data (Highs[x][0], Lows[x][0] and so on), none other indicators are involved.

Any ideas where I might look for mistakes?

Thank you in advance.

RobertasJ, do you a current bars check in your OnBarUpdate() for all your added series in this script?

For the first display issue on a MultiSeries chart the outcome would be unfortunately expected - when using a MultiSeries chart you're using the non equidistant bars spacing per default, since all bars have to be aligned by their timestamp. This would not been though when working with a MultiSeries indicator / strategy on a single series chart, so all bars are only added internally for calculation purposes then.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just did for all series - it helped greatly.

But one more question rose for me immediately, though not really associated with the issue I've had before.

Can I somehow use DrawTextFixed method while using different colors for text of the message?

Comment

Great.

Yes, you can use the second, more advanced overload to provide a custom color - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...wtextfixed.htm

Comment

I think you've misunderstood me a bit.

I want to use different colors in same location. If I use same method few times with different colors message will be overlapped and it will look nasty.

Example:

I have a message "BUY this" which I want to display in the left corner of my chart. But I want "BUY" to be in red, while "this" - in yellow.

I'm pretty sure it's not possible with DrawTextFixed, but is there a way around this?

Comment

Thanks for the clarification - you're correct this is not possible with DrawTextFixed. The text string shown will have the one color spec'ed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
            1 response
            0 likes