Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Want Price Alert with both Sound and Screen Colour Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want Price Alert with both Sound and Screen Colour Change

I have been attending a new chat site (StevenBigalow.com) and am now trying to follow at least 10 stocks each day looking for price to go above or below specific targets. I found one indicator that will play a sound but if I'm not here I don't hear it or if I am, it takes me a while to figure out which chart reached the target.

I would like one simple addition to that indicator to change the background property of the chart to highlight it amonst the ten or more charts spread across my monitor.

I have seen an indicator that changes screen colour (bar timer) but the code is sufficiently complex I can't figure out what to move over to the price sound alert indicator.

Can any one provide a simple sol'n for me please?

gcalridge,

Can you post this indicator?

This video covers how to do this for a strategy, but it also works the same in an indicator.

Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video is a NinjaScript tutorial on creating a strategy based on overbought/oversold conditions of...
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
      gcalridge,

Can you post this indicator?

This video covers how to do this for a strategy, but it also works the same in an indicator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZpo01eSO9c
      On Big Mikes Trading web site there is an indicator called PKpricealert2_nt7 which plays a sound when you cross a price that you set in the properties of the indicator. I don't know if I am allowed to share that indicator so go to the website at this address:

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

When there click on the "P" (top right alphabet) to position yourself at all indicators starting with "P" and then scroll down to the indicator. Click on it to download. It plays Alert4.wav.

I have modified the indicator to also paint the chart so I can visually see that a price has been crossed in case I don't hear the alert.

Here's the simple code to insert after the Alert code:

PlaySound(_mar****pen);
      BackColorAll = Color.Red;

Hope this helps.

Comment

Hello gcaldridge,
        Unfortunatley we do not have a sample code however you can refer to our help guide to know more on BackColorAll and PlaySound.

JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post tsantospinto  
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes