Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ADX values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADX values

Hi,

I'm more interested in the slope of the ADX than its overall value, but since the ADX that comes with ninja can't snap the cursor to the candle I need to find a way to display the values.

Since I'm probably going to have to code something (though I have zero experience with it), I'd like to output the change in ADX from candle to candle on the charts and to a market analyzer window, but if that seems too involved for a coding newbie I'm perfectly happy just getting the values somewhere (anywhere) and doing the math myself.

does anyone have any input on the best and most efficient way to go about this?

thanks

Hello,

Thanks for the note and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum.

Although we cannot code an indicator for you we can answer specific questions you have on getting started. We also have NinjaScript consultants that can code a project for you if you just want to have it coded let me know if you want the link to where these are located.

As far as your indicator idea here should be very simple to build, basically you would need to take the ADX value of the bar before it and subtract the adx value of the current bar to get the difference. Once you have the difference you could plot this or output it how you wish.

Plot0.Set(ADX[1] - ADX[0]);

-Brett

Comment

Thanks for the response!

I guess I wans't clear that I wans't looking for someone here to just code it for me and I'm willing to learn, I just have no idea where to start because it's all so foreign to me.

The more I think of it, though the more I think I should use one of your partners so if you could post or send the link it would be much appreciated. thanks!

Comment

Understood.

You can contact one of our NinjaScript consultants to assist you with coding this or you can use our NinjaScript guide and forums to code this indicator yourself if you are a programmer.

NinjaScript Consultants:

NinjaScript Help Guide:

NinjaTrader Samples
        Following are links to all available NinjaScript reference samples within this forum section: Strategy Reference Samples (NinjaTrader 8) - also applicable to NT7 Using a time filter to limit trading hours (http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=3226) Using multiple entry/exit signals simultaneously

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post traderqz  
        Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Skifree