Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Source of an indicator called "Trend"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source of an indicator called "Trend"

Hi traders.

I have a custom indicator simply called "Trend".

I don't know where I received it from.

I've uploaded what the indicator looks like on the chart and its parameters.

If anyone can point me to the source ... Thanks.

Tom
    Attached Files

Hi Tom

Interestingly, I have two indicators: "Trend" and "Trend2" and, guess what? I don't know where they come from from either!!! Indeed, I've asked myself the very same question.

I have a suspicion of where I might have got them and I'm doing trawl for them now.

This type of indicator, if you plot five or six different 'Trends' at the same time using different parameters can be helpful in not only determining trend but also detecting chop (when some are above and some below the price action).

I'm very grateful to you, Tom, as I've found some other interesting stuff on this trawl, which I wouldn't have done otherwise.

I'll report back to this thread if I find anything with my detective's magnifying glass.

Arbuthnot Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by TraderTom View Post
      Hi traders.

I have a custom indicator simply called "Trend".

I don't know where I received it from.

I've uploaded what the indicator looks like on the chart and its parameters.

If anyone can point me to the source ... Thanks.

Tom
      Is there anything in the .cs source file?

Comment

Thanks, sledge.

The 'Trend' indicator isn't listed in the 'Edit Indicator' box, so I guess there's no way of checking.

Unless there is a way neither I nor Tom know about!

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
          Is there anything in the .cs source file?
          Where do I find this file?

Comment

Originally posted by TraderTom View Post
            Where do I find this file?

Assuming it isn't encrypted and protected -

In control center, Tools-> edit ninjascript-> indicator (if your license key allows)

else in your file system, probably here:

C:\Users\[username]Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator

Trend.cs Trend2.cs

Comment

Assuming it isn't encrypted and protected -

In control center, Tools-> edit ninjascript-> indicator (if your license key allows)

else in your file system, probably here:

C:\Users\[username]Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator

Trend.cs Trend2.cs
              Thanks again, sledge, for your help with this.

I'd already checked "Tools-> edit ninjascript-> indicator" and nothing was visible.

I've now checked in "NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator" and found nothing. Maybe Tom or someone else will find them there, but I doubt it.

Neither have I yet managed to find any trace of these online...

Very strange, but these are quite good indicators.

As a matter of interest, I purchased a very similar indicator "MultiTrend" from powermoneycapital.com a few months back but they don't seem to market it any more.

The mystery remains...

Comment

Originally posted by arbuthnot View Post
                Thanks again, sledge, for your help with this.

I'd already checked "Tools-> edit ninjascript-> indicator" and nothing was visible.

I've now checked in "NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator" and found nothing. Maybe Tom or someone else will find them there, but I doubt it.

Neither have I yet managed to find any trace of these online...

Very strange, but these are quite good indicators.

As a matter of interest, I purchased a very similar indicator "MultiTrend" from powermoneycapital.com a few months back but they don't seem to market it any more.

The mystery remains...
                Well ... I have opened up the indicator editor in the tools menu and that indicator does not exist. I've also searched the hard drive for “trend” and "trend.cs” I cannot find that file anywhere on the hard drive.
                I'm a bit confused, how can Ninja be showing an indicator that doesn't exist as a file on my computer? Can the file be named something different than the indicator name?
                I'm in the middle of a mystery.

Comment

The file name may be different than the public Class name.

I'd suggest going to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator and opening all the .CS files that do not start with the @ symbol.

Then check the "public class" name in the files for:

public class trend: Indicator
                  MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I agree with you, Tom, it's a total mystery. We must have downloaded them from somewhere but neither of us remember where.

I said I'd been checking online and I've found nothing at all. A good source of very good free indicators for NT (besides those available in this Forum) is Big Mike's Trading Forum (bigmiketrading.com) and they aren't there.

If an indicator doesn't appear in the indicator editor, it just means it's not available for editing, which is why many third party ones aren't visible there.

As I've said, esp. when 'layered' onto the charts, by putting on the chart multiple ones with differing parameters, they are quite effective for determining trends and chop.

A problem would arise if NT needed to be reinstalled or if you wanted to work on a new PC. So my advice with these indicators and generally anyway, is to backup once a week, say, and that backup should contain our 'Trend' indicators.

But, like you, Tom, I'd love to solve the mystery of where we got them. My guess is they were available on some nice site until recently but have been deleted for some reason.

Does anyone else have any ideas?
                    Last edited by arbuthnot; 10-25-2012, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Thanks, Matthew. I hadn't seen your post when I posted my last one.

I've done as you suggested and I haven't found anything that could correspond! I'll check again to be sure...

Comment

Trend Indicator

Have you found where TREND indicator can be found ?

Comment

JKT - a trend indicator of this type is available for $250 at:

(In an earlier post, I thought it had disappeared, but it seems to be back there again.)

It's not the freebie (which I think it was) that I and TraderTom picked up from somewhere but is of the same type. I still have no idea where that came from. This forum? Another one? i don't know.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi again Tom - please see my reply to jkt1120 just now. As I say there, I still have no idea where we got the freebie from.

Comment

Originally posted by arbuthnot View Post
                              Hi again Tom - please see my reply to jkt1120 just now. As I say there, I still have no idea where we got the freebie from.
                              Try looking in the "...\My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom" folder itself for a DLL called what you are seeking. If you do not find one, it might be using a different name. In that case, depending on whether it is a protected dll or not, you can examine the dll.

If it is protected, one way to isolate it, is to remove each of those dll's one at a time, restart NT, compile, and see if the indicator has disappeared. When it does, you know you have located the dang thing. You might want to backup NT before you start trying to isolate this.

(I just copy the whole NT "...\My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom" folder (and subfolers), and restore them when I am done, then do another compilation.)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Brevo