Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Not Wanting to Mess Up Original Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Wanting to Mess Up Original Script

I'd like to experiment with a script this weekend using the Intellisense, but don't want to mess up the original script. I ask because once one does Compile, it makes the changes on a chart.

So before doing Compile, should one do a Save As and then Compile?

I can't find any examples for changing a bar color based on an indicator or even how to add an arrow based on rising/falling indicator shown over/under a bar. I'm hoping Intellisense will accomplish that. ???

Just experimenting over the weekend.

Hello SharonSS,

Compiling a script will save it if there are no error(s). Using the Save As command you can create a Indicator with a different name but the same source code which may be the best way to go if you do not want to modify the original code.

For an example on how to change the bar color you may view our Help Guide at the link below.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...l?barcolor.htm

We do have a reference sample that you may download and view the code as well that Draws Objects based on a condition at the following link.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3419

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by SharonSS View Post
      I'd like to experiment with a script this weekend using the Intellisense, but don't want to mess up the original script. I ask because once one does Compile, it makes the changes on a chart.

So before doing Compile, should one do a Save As and then Compile?

I can't find any examples for changing a bar color based on an indicator or even how to add an arrow based on rising/falling indicator shown over/under a bar. I'm hoping Intellisense will accomplish that. ???

Just experimenting over the weekend.
      Hi Sharon,

Open the working code file in editor. Before making any changes, right click and select save as save under new name.

Edit the new file. The original file remains intact and safe.

RJay
      RJay
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
        Hello SharonSS,

Compiling a script will save it if there are no error(s). Using the Save As command you can create a Indicator with a different name but the same source code which may be the best way to go if you do not want to modify the original code.

For an example on how to change the bar color you may view our Help Guide at the link below.

We do have a reference sample that you may download and view the code as well that Draws Objects based on a condition at the following link.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
        Thanks JC. Actually I use the SampleDrawObject_NT7 on my template. It's a two color BB and doesn't have anything to do with adding arrows, triangles, or whatever. I didn't download the first file as I thought it was an older version.

I did read that info on the Help Guide which didn't really help me, but I'll try playing with it this weekend.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by RJay View Post
          Hi Sharon,

Open the working code file in editor. Before making any changes, right click and select save as save under new name.

Edit the new file. The original file remains intact and safe.

RJay

Makes sense. Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post techgetgame  
          Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
          0 responses