Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Change single bar color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change single bar color

Hi,

I'm trying to make an indicator to change the color of a single bar when I get a long/short signal. Anyone know how I can go about doing that?

This is how it currently looks like:

if (long signal)
    {
    BarColor = Color.Gold;
    }

else if (short signal)
    {
    BarColor = Color.Silver;
    }

My programming knowledge is very limited (to a few hours from How to's on youtube).

- Stoop

Stoop,

This looks ok here, i.e. it appears it would work.

Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for your reply, I figured out what was wrong. I had an indicator using ATR(20) and realised it wouldn't show anything because I was missing:
      if (CurrentBar < 21)
      return;

Anyways, I have another question I was hoping you could help me with. I have tried searching around for it but can't seem to find an answer. When I run my indicator it doesn't use the latest bar, even though it's closed. Or rather, it doesn't draw my indicator all the way to the latest bar. I tried looking at the standard DonchianChannel Indicator but the same thing happens to that one as well.
      The only option I have found is to use Displacement = 1, but that doesn't really help.

Do you have an idea on how I can fix that?

Comment

Stoop,

Unfortunately I would need to see more code here. Could you post the problem section of your code?
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Stoop View Post
          Hi,
          Thanks for your reply, I figured out what was wrong. I had an indicator using ATR(20) and realised it wouldn't show anything because I was missing:
          if (CurrentBar < 21)
          return;

Anyways, I have another question I was hoping you could help me with. I have tried searching around for it but can't seem to find an answer. When I run my indicator it doesn't use the latest bar, even though it's closed. Or rather, it doesn't draw my indicator all the way to the latest bar. I tried looking at the standard DonchianChannel Indicator but the same thing happens to that one as well.
          The only option I have found is to use Displacement = 1, but that doesn't really help.

Do you have an idea on how I can fix that?
          If you want an indicator to plot on the current bar as it is developing, you have to set CalculateOnBarClose to "false".

Comment

It was just the CalculateOnBarClose that had to be set to false. I guess I just didn't think about that because I thought the bars were done developing.

Thanks a lot to the both of you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes