Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Compile Error and Serialization Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compile Error and Serialization Error

Hello,

I've got one of those nightmare problems....

Here's what happened: I have a number of custom scripts, including the gomi stuff. I do not and have not modified the code in any way. I have not touched, added or deleted any ninja script in several weeks. Everything was working perfectly fine in every way.

Then, I went to save a work space yesterday. When I did that, I got an error message that flashed up that mentioned a "serialization error".

Upon further inspection, I found two more issues-

1) if I try to compile, I get a slew of messages like "Type NinjaTrader.Indicator.Indicator already defines"... and then either member or definition. These all relate to same file: GomDeltaIndicator

2) the functionality of the GomDeltaIndicator is not working. For those that understand it's use, the data recording functionality seems to have failed since trying to save the workspace previously mentioned

Again, I stress, I've done nothing at all with any script, moved any file, nada, just saving the workspace.

Please help
    Last edited by coolmoss; 10-27-2012, 12:10 PM.

coolmoss,

Could you show me a screenshot of the compiling error you are having?

Have you tried to go to Tools > Options :> Data > Repair DB?
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is what I get. Again, just to reiterate, no editing of this or any other ninjascript on this computer in about 2 weeks and everything running okay up until saving of the Workspace.

I did find another thread which mentioned the serialization error I got related to saving a workspace and it sounded like some sort of NT bug, but thread didn't really have any resolution.

Click image for larger version

Name:	compile_error.png
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	866274

Comment

coolmoss,

A serialization error is a bit different here. It doesn't mean any code necessarily changed.

This can occur for example with an unsupported data type being used as input for something. Serialization is a process by which something is converted to a data type that can be stored more permanently than in memory. This happens for example when a indicator's settings are stored, things like that.

You could try using a fresh workspace here. You could also try going to Tools > Options > Repair DB. Unfortunately I'd need more information here likely we would need to also take a peek at your log.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes