Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

New Indicator Need coded: Heres the Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Indicator Need coded: Heres the Code

Hi guys,

need your assistance turning this into an indicator
    Should plot two lines on a subchart and look somewhat like a MACD indicator without the Histogram background. It is a momentum indicator variant of RSI appreciate comments and improvements as time goes on, I did look through the existing NT indys and have not seen anything similar if someone knows more than I do please feel free to share:

PMI(close,r,s) = 100xEMA(EMA(mtm,r),s)/EMA(EMA(|mtm|,r),s)

where

mtm = closetoday – closeyesterday

EMA(mtm,r) = exponential moving average of mtm with period length = r

EMA(EMA(mtm,r),s) = exponential moving average of EMA(mtm,r) with period length = s

|mtm| = absolute value of mtm

r = first period (default 25)

s = second period (default 13)
    Last edited by sftrader; 11-01-2012, 07:13 PM. Reason: Add comment

Originally posted by sftrader View Post
    Hi guys,

need your assistance turning this into an indicator
    Should plot two lines on a subchart and look somewhat like a MACD indicator without the Histogram background. It is a momentum indicator variant of RSI appreciate comments and improvements as time goes on, I did look through the existing NT indys and have not seen anything similar if someone knows more than I do please feel free to share:

PMI(close,r,s) = 100xEMA(EMA(mtm,r),s)/EMA(EMA(|mtm|,r),s)

where

mtm = closetoday – closeyesterday

EMA(mtm,r) = exponential moving average of mtm with period length = r

EMA(EMA(mtm,r),s) = exponential moving average of EMA(mtm,r) with period length = s

|mtm| = absolute value of mtm

r = first period (default 25)

s = second period (default 13)
    You said that you wanted 2 plots. It looks like you have defined only one here.

Comment

sftrader, I believe this would be identical to the TSI indicator by Blau we provide per default in NT?
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
        sftrader, I believe this would be identical to the TSI indicator by Blau we provide per default in NT?
        Thats good to hear I was told it is not identical to Blau or the RSI indicator but a variant which I stated. However I have not compared the code and verified this for myself, would you be able to provide a link I was not able to find the TSI you mentioned.
        Thank you

Comment

You could review the code directly in your NinjaTrader platform, go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator and find the TSI system indicator script.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is a sample image its the subchart plotting two lines I assume one is a signal line(the faster MA) I cannot be sure. I thought that was all in the code, regardless this looks different from the TSI builtin into the NT platform not sure why

Comment

Hello Bertrand
              I posted another reply with an image link of what it looks like, does not resemble the NT TSI indicator. Can you take a look perhaps and see if its the same

Comment

Hello,

Your image isn't loading. Can you try re attaching?
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

For some reason I cannot paste image here is the link to the screencast. Thank you
                  http://www.screencast.com/t/nryRKFSLCO

Comment

For some reason I cannot paste image here is the link to the screencast. Thank you
                    http://www.screencast.com/t/nryRKFSLCO
                    I must be missing something.

Your bar data does not look the same. Why would any indicator look the same on different bar data?

Comment

PMI or TSI Doesnt look the same as NTs

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                      I must be missing something.

Your bar data does not look the same. Why would any indicator look the same on different bar data?
                      I apologize but what exactly is confusing? I posted the only code I have related to it, Ninja Trader said its the same as TSI indicator which plots as a histogram. The image I attached looks more like a MACD with a signal line oscillating back and forth hence they dont look the same. I'm not a coder or programmer otherwise I would have figured it out on my own.
                      I posted it in here to figure out what I'm missing. If you have something helpful to contribute please do. Smart ass comments don't help anyone in the forums. You should know that as you've posted quite a bit. If you see what the problem is then by all means add whatever you think may be missing. I posted it in here to add a new indicator to the library and give NT users something else to test with their own trading, thats all. I'm not selling anything just trying to contribute to the group; something I came across that looked interesting and I did not see it already posted on the forums.
                      Last edited by sftrader; 11-02-2012, 03:37 PM. Reason: comments

Comment

I apologize but what exactly is confusing? I posted the only code I have related to it, Ninja Trader said its the same as TSI indicator which plots as a histogram. The image I attached looks more like a MACD with a signal line oscillating back and forth hence they dont look the same. I'm not a coder or programmer otherwise I would have figured it out on my own.
                        I posted it in here to figure out what I'm missing. If you have something helpful to contribute please do. Smart ass comments don't help anyone in the forums. You should know that as you've posted quite a bit. If you see what the problem is then by all means add whatever you think may be missing. I posted it in here to add a new indicator to the library and give NT users something else to test with their own trading, thats all. I'm not selling anything just trying to contribute to the group; something I came across that looked interesting and I did not see it already posted on the forums.
                        It is unfortunate that you take that attitude. I really do not understand what you posted; I was not making a catty remark. To me, the comparison is on bar data that looks different. If you want to make a contrast, I would expect that the pictures that you post will all be showing the same, identical, bar data.

I was asking because I wanted to help. I understand that you do not want it, so I will now shut up. I apologize for commenting on something that you wrote. All the best to you.
                        Last edited by koganam; 11-02-2012, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Hi Koganam,
                          I apologize if you were sincere. Im used to reading so many sarcastic and condescending threads that I can't tell sometimes.
                          Back to the indicator, I don't know what you mean by different bar data. The screenshot I posted show a sub chart from that code I posted. A friend asked if I could code it to Ninja, I said no but I would post it in here in hopes someone has seen something similar or could translate the code. It doesn't look anything like the included TSI, which I've also learned appears to be some type of ergodic indicator. Not sure if that helps. I did see some code on Investor RT showing their ergodic script and the indicator plots similar to the image I posted so that may be similar. Just thought it might interest traders here another tool for their trading toolbox.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post junkone
                          by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes