Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Disable/Enable Indicator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable/Enable Indicator?

Have been using NT for years now and one of the things that really bugs me is that I cannot disable/enable an indicator. Yes, I can 'remove' it - but if I have custom settings I'll lose them. And yes I can right mouse click to make the settings the default but this may not what I want as my current settings may just be important for the current chart.

This would be extremely trivial to implement quite frankly. I 'could' add it to my own base indicator as a flag that just prevents the plots to be added. But first I don't want to do that and second I may actually use the indicator in my strategy and if I remove adding the plots the strategy does not receive the data anymore (dumb IMO - should not be so as painting and calculating are two pair of shoes).

There you have it. This is a simple request - can you make it happen by the next releas?

Molecool,

Thanks for your suggestion. I would not be able to confirm when something like this would be implemented but I'll get you a tracking ID for it.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well, that's a good start. And I am sure everyone else would appreciate this feature. It *should* be simple IMNSHO ;-)

Comment

Has the enable/disable function been established or is there a custom indie that does it?

Comment

Originally posted by tframe3 View Post
          Has the enable/disable function been established or is there a custom indie that does it?
          Sounds like you should just be able to use a boolean flag at the top of OnBarUpdate() to return if the indicator is disabled, and expose a property to handle it in the PropertyGrid.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DavidHP, Today, 07:56 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
          Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post kujista