Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Difference between Bollinger Bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between Bollinger Bands

I have absolutely no programming experience. I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to create a simple indicator that measures the distance between the upper Bollinger Band and the lower Bollinger Band and plots that difference as an indicator in a separate panel.

Many thanks.

Welcome to the forums here and thanks for the post - have you looked into the Bollinger % Width indicator found in the sharing section here?

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your response. The indicator that you directed me to , CCTBollinger, is identical to Bollinger Percent B. It plots the closing price in relationship to the current Bollinger band. What I am interested in is an indicator that plots the difference between the upper Bollinger and the lower Bollinger band. This is an indicator of volatility in the market and also of risk and opportunity.

Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the reply and clarification - I would then suggest to simply plot the StdDeviation used in the Bollinger Bands. This is a standalone standard indicator in NinjaTrader as well.

Comment

Could you please clarify your response. What I am looking for is an indicator that will plot the difference between the upper and lower BB. If the upper BB is 96.00 and the lower BB is 95.50 then the indicator would plot .50.

I tried plotting the Range indicator using Bollinger bands as the input series but that did not plot. I don't really understand what you are suggesting.

Thanks

Comment

You would not use the Range indicator (that's just the bars range) but the StdDeviation indicator build into NT. This will plot the volatility function directly used in the Bollinger Bands calculations. This might provide a different scale, since the Bollinger Band indicator uses this range normally in multiples - if this is a concern for you, a custom indicator could be created of course in our NinjaScript.

To get started down this path, those tutorials here would be a good start - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../tutorials.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
            3 responses
            1 like
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes