Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Yo-Yo Stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo-Yo Stop

Hello,

I'm looking at a concept developed by Chuck Lebeau. It's not the Chandelier stop or the ATR trailing stop that I'm looking for. I search for a stop that do not trail the current trend. The meaning of that stop is to be closer than the ATR trailing stop and exit in case of one bar high volatility. The stop reajust at each bar to be X ATR from the previous bar high or low.

It's like the ATR stop but it reajust up and down on each bar. For example, I'm long IWM. I set a ATR trailing stop 3 ATR from the highest high of the trend, but will keep also the Yo-Yo stop at 1,5 ATR from the previous bar high. In case of sudden price fail in one bar, the YoYo stop will protect me again sudden spike.

I will like to know if anyone as develop something ? I believe it's quite simple to develop it from ATR trailing stop by removing the trailing property and use previous bar high and low. But unfortunately, I'm not a programmer.

Thanks!

Dominic

Hello DM1111,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

While I am not aware of any strategy that does that currently, if you like to try to code this we do have a reference sample that you may view that goes over how to modify the price of a stop loss and profit target order at the following link.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3222

Alternatively, if you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our NinjaScript consultants.

Click here for a list of certified NinjaScript Consultants

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DJ888
    by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
    0 responses