Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

CLI Secure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CLI Secure

hi, I'm trying to use CLIsecure to created a protected export file. I downloaded the free NinjaTrader version and installed it. The instructions say that I need to enter the license key when it launches, but it never asks for it. I was sent a license key via email, but not sure what to do with it. The screen I get is attached. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I tried to contact support at CLI but no one has gotten back to me. Any thoughts? Thanks
    Attached Files

Hello,

CLISecure should ask for a license key the first time it starts.

If you attempt to export your NinjaScript file as a compiled assembly and check 'Protect compiled assemblies', does the export processs work or does it bring up our help guide?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

When I launch CLISecure, there is no request for a license key. I've reinstalled the software several times with the same result. I did try to export and got the attached message.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

This would tell me that CLI is licensed currently and is working. If it wasn't, exporting a protected assembly would launch or help guide and instruct you to install CLI.

The error you receive is not related to CLI, but .NET References. Check the indicator/method being mentioned in the error and ensure you're including that in the assembly.

Please see the following link for more information on these export type issues:

Comment

thank you for your help! I checked the reference you sent. Attached is the log for the error I;m getting. I'm not sure what it means, nor how to fix it.
          Last edited by pman777; 11-14-2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the screen shot.

Are you able to compile your indicators without error? Or does this only occur when exporting?

What is the name of the .DLL you're creating? Is it one of the DLLs listed?

Comment

Only when exporting, I can compile fine. Attached is the export screen.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Looks like these are 3rd party assemblies that are installed. When you export, it will reference all installed assemblies when building the new assembly.

To prevent these errors and export your own custom assembly, you will need to remove 3rd party assemblies under File--> Utilities--> Remove NinjaScript Assembly.

Comment

OK ... I have quite a few 3rd party dll's. Is there a way to install another instance of NT for same machine ID ... then I can keep that installation 'clean' and generate my exports from it?

Comment

Can you please email me at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com by going to Help--> Mail to Support and include your log and trace files so I may review your current installation.

Comment

just sent it ... thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                      12 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Leafcutter  
                      Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM