Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error: Cannot return Assemblies loaded for reflection only.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: Cannot return Assemblies loaded for reflection only.

I'm suddenly getting this error when loading an indicator as well as a strategy that has worked just fine for years:

Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method for indicator 'XXXXX' on bar 2699: AssemblyResolveEvent handlers cannot return Assemblies loaded for reflection only.

And this:

Error on calling 'Dispose' method for 'XXXXX': AssemblyResolveEvent handlers cannot return Assemblies loaded for reflection only.

This is driving me nuts. Can someone please tell me what I'm supposed to be doing? I already reset the DB without avail.
    Last edited by molecool; 11-17-2012, 04:37 PM.

Also...

I'm also getting this now:

11/17/2012 5:55:06 PM Default Failed to execute DB job 'StrategyUpdateJob': There was an error generating the XML document.: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I even tried reinstalling NinjaTrader and resetting the database (according to this thread) and I'm still getting this.
    Last edited by molecool; 11-17-2012, 05:01 PM.

Comment

I really wish I would have gotten some answers here... Anyway, I also uninstalled .Net 4.0 - that is supposed to help. BUT I need .NET 4.0 for SharpeDevelop and jing - so some input would be very very much appreciated.

Comment

Anyone? Bueller?

Comment

Hello,

This is Brett following up for Adam.

The uninstall of .net 4.0 in the thread you linked via email does not specifically pertain to your issue.

The link had to do with using a .net 4.0 DLL added as a reference and trying to compile into NinjaTrader which our core runs on .net 3.5. Therefor we are unable to run a .net 4.0 compiled DLL in a .net 3.5 application. Therefor it needed to be removed and re-added as a .net 3.5 dll.

This does not have to do with the install of .net 4.0.

Lets take a step back here to the original issue, where are we at with that. I'm looking though your email tickets and all the links you have sent but don't see a current status on our original issue.

Lets first re-install .net 4.0 as you need it, I would not install the .net 4.5 or beta release as this is known to cause issues currently.

Then once you get the issue again lets start the process of elimination to resolve this, the version of installed .net does not matter so we need to start back at square one.

-Brett

Comment

Okay, makes sense. I will reinstall 4.0 and we'll take it from there. IF I see the same issue again after reinstalling 4.0 I will let you know.

Thanks for helping out.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes