Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom script errors, how to remove them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom script errors, how to remove them?

I want to import a custom indicator. When I try doing that, i get a message "you have custom indicators that have script errors. The errors must be fixed before you can import".

Over time, i have developed or imported several indicators and scripts. Hoever I do not even know which indicator has the error. How do i go about finding?

Hello ju1234,
    Thank you for writing in.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select an indicator and double click on it.
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

Here is a video of this process:
    Also here is a forum post that describes the process and offers ways to resolve the situation:

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.
    To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Too many indicators or strategies that were created and may have errors

I created several strategies a while ago and I remember some of them had errors and I could never figure out what errors. Now I don't remember which ones have errors. Since there are may be 20 strategies that were created and it could be any one or more of them that have the errors, is there a a way to find out which one without opening each one?

Comment

Does errorin strategy give the same message, "errors in indicators.. " or errors in strategies are independent of errors in indicators?

Comment

OK. I have attached a file, Arun Indicator. It says there is "&&" error in line 89. However I don't see any "&&" in that line.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello ju1234,
            To assist you further can you please send a note to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com

Please append Attn:Joydeep in the subject line of the email and give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.
            JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
            0 responses