Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator compiling problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator compiling problem

Hi guys

I've been changing an indicator so much and something that must have gone wrong as it won't compile without returning many identical errors

No overload for method (indicator name) takes 4 arguments
    I simply can't detect the problem. I've deleted everything that might have caused the problem and still I get all these errors! I can't even delete it from the 'Indicators' box as it says

other dependencies need to be removed first
    I can't find any of these. No chart has this indicator on it.

It's a shame there's no way of deleting an indicator that seems to be irretrievable damaged. Obviously, my other indicators in draft stage can't finish compiling either while this is an issue.

Any advice on this will be much appreciated.

P.S. I understand from Mr Deux's webinar last night on BMT that this won't be an issue in NT8. I'm waiting to get the new version!

Hello,

If you double click on the compile error it should take you to the exact file and line that has the error. You can either try to debug or comment that part out.

For the dependencies, there are other indicators or more likley a strategy that rely on that indicator you're trying to delete. You will need to remove those indicator/strategies first.

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in the following thread - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks again, Matthew, for getting to the heart of the problem so promptly.

I did indeed find a strategy that depended on this indicator, commented out the 'offending' lines, then I was indeed able to delete the indicator with all its inherent faults.

I do get the impression that indicators are more sensitive in this way than strategies, I'm guessing, because of what's contained in the 'NinjaScript generated code' section.

I think the moral of this problem is: if you want to delete variables, plots, etc., in indicators, rather than change anything in it, save it as a new one, which can be 'experimented with' as much as possible and so long as there are no external dependencies, the new one can be deleted without any problem and you still have the original.

I'm delighted to have been able to solve this problem so quickly! Much obliged.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rajendrasubedi2023  
      Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ender_wiggum