Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator for lines at irregular intervals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator for lines at irregular intervals

Dear Support

I would like lines horizontal lines displayed on my chart for FX pairs at the figure/100, the 20, 50, and 80 levels.

I'm using the native NT7 grid to draw the 50 and figure/100 levels just fine, but since I want to draw lines at irregular intervals this won't work for me in the end.

How would I approach coding an indicator to plot the 20 and 80 levels for me above/below the current price by several hundred (user defined range) pips?

Thanks!

Hello Entropy,

Drawing object manually, you can disable the snap mode to draw an object at the place you would like. To do this right click inside of the chart, select Drawing Tools -> Snap Mode then select Disable. Alternatively, you may double click on the drawing object, select the Data tab and can manually change the drawing price as well.

To do this inside of an indicator you may use the DrawHorizontalLine() method.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...zontalline.htm

For Example:
    Code:
    #region Variables
    // User defined variables (add any user defined variables below)
    private double myInput0 = 1.1; // Default setting for MyInput0
    #endregion

protected override void OnBarUpdate()
    {

DrawHorizontalLine("UniqueTag1", MyInput0+Close[0], Color.Black);
    //Rest of Code
    }
    We have a fully documented help guide which will help you get started with Ninja Script. You will find language references to all of the methods and functions you will be using. You will also see a tutorial section which will help you create your first indicator and get you started with some of these concepts.

A link to our Help Guide can be found below: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stribution.htm

I am also linking you to the Educational Resources section of the Help Guide to help you get started with NinjaScript: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._resources.htm

We also have some Reference Samples online as well as some Tips and Tricks for both indicators and strategies:
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

There is a also a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If anyone can make available this MML indicator it would be greatly appreciated.
      MurreyMath_NT7_v1

The Murrey Math trading system is primarily based upon the observations made by W.D. Gann in the first half of the 20th century.

While Gann was purported to be a brilliant trader in any market his techniques have been regarded as complex and difficult to implement.

The great contribution of Murrey Math (T. H. Murrey) was the creation of a system of geometry that can be used to describe market price movements in time. This geometry facilitates the use of Gann's trading techniques.

Comment

Hello nicosxm,

There is a MurreyMath Indicator on the NinjaTrader Support Forums that you may try out at the following link.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you JC, but the one I am interested in is the one I mentioned as well as provided picture of.

Comment

I tried n times, re-compile,........nothing appeared on the daily chart,
            anyone could attach a working Murrey Math here?

Comment

Here is a link to a comprehensive Murrey Math indicator that may fit your needs: MurreyMath

Dan
              eDanny
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Irukandji, Today, 04:58 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Irukandji  
              Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM