Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

An improved RsiStoch indicator code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An improved RsiStoch indicator code

I would like to use strategy builder to create a RsiStoch indicator that plots in a indicator panel from the Metastock created code (Sum(RSI(10)-LLV(RSI(10),10),3)/Sum(HHV(RSI(10),10)-LLV(RSI(10),10),3))*100);20,80. I would want in use RSI and Stoch indicators off the indicator list but also plot the 20% and 80% line using HHV and LLV functions, as well as Sum. I would like all the numerical values including the 20/80 percent lines to be adjustable.

Finally, I would like the code to write this as part of a strategy. I use this in trading where price crosses below the OB/OS in combination with other filters and as a profit taking indicator on existing positions. The code above is publicly disclosed Metastock code. If any one could help me with this, this would be greatly appreciated, as it is the only component of a strategy I cannot write after the excellent strategy development class by Ray on the weekend.

Hank,

It is not possible to write an indicator in the Strategy Wizard. You would need to program a new indicator which would then be available in the Wizard.

Maybe someone will code something up for you but if not, you could contact one of our NinjaScript consultants.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Hank M View Post
      I would like to use strategy builder to create a RsiStoch indicator that plots in a indicator panel from the Metastock created code (Sum(RSI(10)-LLV(RSI(10),10),3)/Sum(HHV(RSI(10),10)-LLV(RSI(10),10),3))*100);20,80. I would want in use RSI and Stoch indicators off the indicator list but also plot the 20% and 80% line using HHV and LLV functions, as well as Sum. I would like all the numerical values including the 20/80 percent lines to be adjustable.

Finally, I would like the code to write this as part of a strategy. I use this in trading where price crosses below the OB/OS in combination with other filters and as a profit taking indicator on existing positions. The code above is publicly disclosed Metastock code. If any one could help me with this, this would be greatly appreciated, as it is the only component of a strategy I cannot write after the excellent strategy development class by Ray on the weekend.

Did you try this http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=3952

Comment

Chart of indicator

Thanks for the indicator. It appears to be the opposite as it plots as a stochastic %k and %D wheras mine plots as a RSI from a stoch function resulting in a single line on a chart and in code. I tried to attach a Metastock chart of this on today's five minute ES with alerts gerated in real time for four trades and alerts(diamond) to exit at profit target which turned out to be the exact high of the move in 3 of 4 trades so far today (one was a small loss). If you send me your email address, I will email it to you.

Could you also give me the code for your indicator for the strategy editor and I will try to see if I can improve on it to what I show in my chart. I am having trouble finding the equivalent of the sum indicator in Metastock in NT which makes it easy in Metastock to sum the multipications and divisions indicated. I do agree with you, the Min and Max equal the HHV and LLV found in other programs.

Comment

What functions are you looking for?
          MIN() and MAX() do correspond with LLV and HHV.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post FrancisMorro  
          Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
          10 responses