Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Data Box decimal places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Box decimal places

I have noticed that the Data Box display of plot values is inconsistent. For example, I have a Keltner Channel indicator that plots Upper, Lower, and Middle lines. In the Data Box, these display with 4 decimal places (instrument is the 6E EURUSD). I have another indicator that calls my Keltner Channel indicator and, among other tasks, plots the Upper, Lower, and Middle lines pulled from the Keltner Channel indicator. In the Data Box, however, these plot values are rounded to 2 decimal places. (Screenshot attached).

Is there a way to (1) control the Data Box display precision, or (2) force an indicator that calls another indicator to use the same precision for display as the called indicator?
    Attached Files

tradesmart, yes you can custom format price markers via overriding the default formatting in your scripts via the FormatPriceMarker() method - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ricemarker.htm
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks! Apparently, once the FormatPriceMarker() method has been added, calling it with any valid double is sufficient to format all the plots collectively. I'm calling it thus in the OnStartUp() method and it works fine:
      Code:
      FormatPriceMarker(0)    ;

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 12:14 PM
      9 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post f.saeidi  
      Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
      0 responses