Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DrawRegion and Scale Justification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrawRegion and Scale Justification

I'm overlaying an oscillator on the price panel. I would like to fill above and below a zero line using different colors, so my DrawRegion is of the 1 DataSeries w/1 double variety. The problem is that the oscillator is being plotted on the left scale but the DrawRegion is using the right scale, whose zero point is far below the oscillator's. Is there a way to force DrawRegion to use a particular scale?

Hello tradesmart,
    Thanks for your post.

To assist you further can you please post a screenshot demonstrating the scenario.

I look forward to assisting you further.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by tradesmart View Post
      I'm overlaying an oscillator on the price panel. I would like to fill above and below a zero line using different colors, so my DrawRegion is of the 1 DataSeries w/1 double variety. The problem is that the oscillator is being plotted on the left scale but the DrawRegion is using the right scale, whose zero point is far below the oscillator's. Is there a way to force DrawRegion to use a particular scale?
      That is an already reported limitation of the current DrawRegion() implementation in NT.

ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=44388

Take a look at post#4 by NinjaTrader_Matthew.

The Forum search facility is a pretty good resource.

Comment

The same oscillator is plotted twice; once overlaying price and once below in a separate panel. As you can see, the separate panel has the DrawRegion color fill between the oscillator and the zero line correctly, whereas the price panel does not look right because the zero line it's using is at price 0.0000 on the right scale and the oscillator value itself on that right scale is off the top of the chart. So, since the oscillator is using the left scale, DrawRegion needs to use that same left scale instead of the default right scale to work correctly.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ah, yes, search. But, being the impatient sort, if I don't get a relevant hit right away, I tire of looking further. :-)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920  
          Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920